IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

Having watched some of the videos, he looks promising even if i cant pronounce his name.

£5.3 mil does seem a lot, but if he scores a few goals, he will be off for £15 or 20 mil and a good piece of business.

Who to play alongside him is the 6 million $ question though.  Mind you, i think he could be effective if we played the dreaded one up top.

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think it'll end up being Taylor or Reid playing behind him. Unless O'Dowda starts out on the wings with Brownhill as our furthest forward central midfielder. 

I've got a feeling Tomlin could come back fighting. I hope that's the case anyway, because we know how good he CAN be. 

19 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

I've got a feeling Tomlin could come back fighting. I hope that's the case anyway, because we know how good he CAN be. 

I mean if you've got Pack Smith Brownhill and Paterson as the midfield 4 behind him then you'd hope they'd be able to make up for his lack of defensive abilities. I like Taylor in that role tbh and to get 5 assists is pretty darn impressive. I think him and Diedhiou would link up well. 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

I mean if you've got Pack Smith Brownhill and Paterson as the midfield 4 behind him then you'd hope they'd be able to make up for his lack of defensive abilities. I like Taylor in that role tbh and to get 5 assists is pretty darn impressive. I think him and Diedhiou would link up well. 

I agree on all points, and would have put Taylor ahead of Tomlin in the last couple of months of last season. But I just feel we might get the 'loan' Tomlin back. 

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The 'loan' Tomlin would be interesting, I've not really considered him being part of our plans.

I think Djuric has a part to play.

I'm with you Dave, I think Djuric is going to play up there, bully & batter the oppositions defence & then allow someone more nimble to come on with half hour or so to go to run them ragged.

It could be dependent on us signing a decent right-midfielder / winger though to supply the right service for two big units to thrive on.

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Does anyone know when Famara actually arrives? I appreciate he's had international commitments so would it be the same as Magners etc?

I think it said on the OS that anyone who`s been playing in internationals got an extra week off - it was certainly mentioned in relation to Bailey Wright anyway.

On 2017-6-30 at 07:30, Robin TBW said:

Is anyone not a little bothered that we've paid a record, £5m for a player who only scored eight times last season? Those are some Darren Byfield numbers. 

How many were you expecting when he was at a team that (had to in order to survive? played very defensive football.

His ratio was better than 1/4 IIRC, which would equate to 12-13 in a full season here.

The difference in quality between the top of Ligue 1 and the bottom of Ligue 1 is, IMO not hugely different from the difference between a mid-prem side and a bottom of the Championship/top of League 1 side. 

PSG and the other top would routinely hammer if they weren't so defensive, rather than "try and win" it is "try and only lose hy 1"

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I think it said on the OS that anyone who`s been playing in internationals got an extra week off - it was certainly mentioned in relation to Bailey Wright anyway.

Bailey finished way after everyone else though IIRC. I thought the arrival or our record signing might be quite a big deal TBH but have no idea when he actually turns up. He won't be at the community game then I guess? 

20 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

How many were you expecting when he was at a team that (had to in order to survive? played very defensive football.

His ratio was better than 1/4 IIRC, which would equate to 12-13 in a full season here.

The difference in quality between the top of Ligue 1 and the bottom of Ligue 1 is, IMO not hugely different from the difference between a mid-prem side and a bottom of the Championship/top of League 1 side. 

PSG and the other top would routinely hammer if they weren't so defensive, rather than "try and win" it is "try and only lose hy 1"

In the league below he scored 20+ (ie similar to Kodjia), Kodjia had not played in the top French league when he came to us so I'm not concerned either

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Or possibly Torquay the following night? Last years Bath game was mainly youngsters and i would expect the same this time.

Don't al, our youngsters play for Bath :P

Is Owers still their boss?  He talks so much sense on the radio.

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Being an 80s child and having the 5 syllables, I've always wanted a chant to match Chelseas madness chant.

Night klub by the mighty Specials fits.

FA MA RA DIED HOU. 

Try it, it works and would be awesome.

I like this, will be original and very catchy. 

10 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Kodja, Tammy, can City really conjure up another 20 goal striker to save them from league 1? This new guy is a huge huge gamble at 5m. 

He is, but bringing in anyone expecting 20 goals to fill Tammy's place would've been.

I think we can give our scouting the benefit of the doubt on forwards. I'm sure we wouldn't have spent that much without being absolutely certain he's going to be a good signing.

Archived