IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

37 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

So the evening post have suggested that we are in for Senegalese international Famara Diedhiou from Kodjia's old club Angers. From a few YouTube clips he looks decent. Discuss...

Aaarrrggghhhh..........:grr:

I REALLY hate it when someone ends a post with that!

Sorry, but it's a real bugbear with me.........

3 hours ago, ooRya said:

Aaarrrggghhhh..........:grr:

I REALLY hate it when someone ends a post with that!

Sorry, but it's a real bugbear with me.........

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

And me

Like some bloody schoolteacher to a load of pupils !!! :punish:

:laughcont:

Some people find posts ending in "discuss" annoying.

Discuss...

:thumbsup:

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 20:06, elruli said:

Oh god, this is gonna be one long summer. Please City, sign someone. Even if it's Tiverton towns  reserves 

Why would we want to sign the Rovers' squad? Besides, didn't we have some kind of "Gentlemans' Agreement" now???

edit: Apologies for the slur on the character of the TIverton Town's reserves....

Holidaying in the south of France at the moment. Had a meal with a couple of French families last night and we started talking football.  I asked them their opinion of Diedhiou. They didn't know who I was talking about or who he was. Sounds like he a pile of pants to me. 

3 hours ago, swanker said:

Holidaying in the south of France at the moment. Had a meal with a couple of French families last night and we started talking football.  I asked them their opinion of Diedhiou. They didn't know who I was talking about or who he was. Sounds like he a pile of pants to me. 

He played almost every game for a team in the top flight last season so they must not have been very big fans of football. 

Pretty sure 99% of people here would know the name of every premier league striker who played that number of games. 

Maybe they don't watch Match du Jour!

You probably pronounced his name incorrectly and they were being polite, the ' K ' is silent. 

41 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He played almost every game for a team in the top flight last season so they must not have been very big fans of football. 

Pretty sure 99% of people here would know the name of every premier league striker who played that number of games. 

Maybe they don't watch Match du Jour!

Actually one of them played for Scarborough for a season and spent a month on trail at city under Danny Wilson. I thought he would know something about him.   

10 minutes ago, swanker said:

Actually one of them played for Scarborough for a season and spent a month on trail at city under Danny Wilson. I thought he would know something about him.   

Blimey - that was random

Can you remember his name?

1 minute ago, swanker said:

Just now, swanker said:

Showed them his name from the internet. Looked at me cockled?

Mate i've lived in France for 15 years and most French people are amongst the most insular race on earth including 'football fans', if the player doesn't actually play for their team or played for or managed their team in the past or plays regularly for the French national team or maybe plays for PSG or Marseille then in their world the player does not exist believe me, I expect that 2 years ago the Jonathon Kodjia would have been met with the same response in fact maybe even now.

I would bet the average football fan in France doesn't know who Claudio Ranieri is and that includes the fans of the club he has just signed a 2 year deal with Nantes.

12 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Mate i've lived in France for 15 years and most French people are amongst the most insular race on earth including 'football fans', if the player doesn't actually play for their team or played for or managed their team in the past or plays regularly for the French national team or maybe plays for PSG or Marseille then in their world the player does not exist believe me, I expect that 2 years ago the Jonathon Kodjia would have been met with the same response in fact maybe even now.

I would bet the average football fan in France doesn't know who Claudio Ranieri is and that includes the fans of the club he has just signed a 2 year deal with Nantes.

The ex player we ate with was called Romain Faure. Seemed to have a good knowledge of French football. All he said about Diedhiou was that he didn't know anything about him.  

15 minutes ago, swanker said:

The ex player we ate with was called Romain Faure. Seemed to have a good knowledge of French football. All he said about Diedhiou was that he didn't know anything about him.  

I have never heard of him, I have a pretty good knowledge of the top 2 ligues in France and as with Jonathon Kodjia I suspect that Famara Diedhiou would be on the radar of bigger teams more local to Angers like Nantes, Rennes maybe even Bordeaux and definitely on the radar of most championship sides in the UK who know that teams such as Angers and the likes rely on bringing on and selling players to survive in the French top flight and the UK clubs also know they get more for their money and the players know that unless they are moving to a French top 6 side they will potentially earn far more in the championship.

http://www.courrierdelouest.fr/actualite/football-sco-diedhiou-en-partance-vers-bristol-city-25-06-2017-321193

The Senegalese center-forward Famara Diedhiou is expected to leave Angers-SCO in the coming hours. The player would have already agreed with Bristol City (D2 English), where Jonathan Kodjia had left two years ago. There would still be an agreement between the two clubs, but the case is on track.

Archived