IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

Needs to hit the ground running either way. One of the biggest few months in LJ's career between now and August. Let's be honest, we know nothing about this guy so not point trying to judge by YouTube if he's any good or not. Granted, if he's anywhere near like Kodjia we're laughing again.

Some good signings and a good start to the season, coupled with the half decent end to last season, could do wonders. Another load of 'meh' signings and a dodgy start and he could be gone by October. 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Be interesting to see the fee, wouldn't be surprised to see a club record. Personally I don't think we'd need Dicko now. I like Diedhiou and Taylor as a pairing. 

Then again you keep saying Lucic should play, too.

If we do pair Diedhiou and Taylor I can see that being a 20 goal pairing this season, assuming the new lad gets at least 15..

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just a thought, do we ever sign anyone on a sunday or do we leave it to be announced on Monday?

I think the reports indicate that he's got to have a medical still, so I expect it will be announced the same/ similar time as Pisano who also has to have a medical. 

Seems like a great finisher from the vids I've seen. I'm unsure on how quick he is because on some videos it looks like he has a good turn of pace but according to FIFA he has the exact same speed stats as Flint. Seeing as he's been linked with moves to the Prem and Galatasary this seems like great signing. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@GrahamC did you mean 'flipping heck'?

I went a bit stronger when I read this, same FH acronym though.  Been on my list since just after Kodjia signed, when Camara was being touted around, and a few on here (nice one guys) said that Diedhiou was the one with most potential.

Echo @Tipps69 and @Shtanley's views.

i haven't got round to reading the Dicko stuff also in this thread, as I've been out all day.

Much as I like Djuric's aerial ability, I think we'd need a speedster alongside him, and one willing to work hard too.  Not saying Djuric doesn't work hard because he does, but he's never gonna be one to bend his runs into the channels is he?

Back to Diedhiou - no one is gonna be as rapid as Kodjia, but this guys looks to have a better all-around game.  I hope we did foster good relations with SCO Angers.  I've followed them on Twitter since Jimmy signed, and although 8 goals doesn't look a great return, they are quite a low-scoring / low-conceding team, so i'm reading more into his Lge1 goals ratio.

Dave, you have (rightly in my view) regularly been posting this summer that what we need more than anything is an injection of pace in the side, so let's hope this guy has that.

I think I am in the minority (no change there)  but I do quite like what I have seen so far of Djuric, at 6ft 6 it is no achievement for him to be good in the air, but I think his hold up play and technique are top notch. Although he has lived nearly all his life in Italy he comes from a part of Europe (ex Yugoslavia) where in my opinion they are as technically gifted as anyone, even the Spanish.

He is however traction engine slow, so definitely needs someone alongside him who possess decent pace and that definitely isn't Matty Taylor...

Found this on a betting website (Dec 2016)

"Angers put up a really poor performance last week away at Nancy. Only Nancy managed to create decent scoring opportunities, and in the end the 2-0 victory was well deserved.

Away from home they are too submissive, and accept opponents’ dominance without any fight. On home ground they are more combative, more aggressive, especially after poor results started piling up (only 2 points in the last 5 rounds).

They are conceding 2 goals per game lately, and if defenders won't get their act together, there's no way but down for Angers. At the moment they are very slow, and can't anticipate opponents' next move. At least they are able to score, thanks to fast forwards Diedhiou and Toko Ekambi.

Bad news for Angers as first keeper Michel and important central midfielder Mangani will sit out (mostly the defensive phase will be affected). At least they welcome back fullback Manceau from suspension."

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's pretty silly to judge either way based on YouTube compilations. I appreciate not many of us will have watched him play and that's all they've got to go on, but YouTube comps can make players look like downs league or world class. 

Better off forming a judgement when he's played a few games for us.

Got to say I can see James Vaughan signing too as a squad player. Stockhausen says we want two strikers. Vaughan scored 24 goals last season. In addition Bury fans on their forum say he is the best player they have had in years. 

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's pretty silly to judge either way based on YouTube compilations. I appreciate not many of us will have watched him play and that's all they've got to go on, but YouTube comps can make players look like downs league or world class. 

Better off forming a judgement when he's played a few games for us.

No, judgement will be made after one game. And if he fails to score, he's shit! This is BCFC after all! 

I usually take anything on the transfer forum with at least one, possibly several, pinches of salt but this seems interesting. As with most posters I haven't seen him play, but I'm excited by this. Maybe a risk, but an exciting risk. His name is useless for songs and puns, but I can live with that 

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Got to say I can see James Vaughan signing too as a squad player. Stockhausen says we want two strikers. Vaughan scored 24 goals last season. In addition Bury fans on their forum say he is the best player they have had in years. 

Well he scored more than any of our forwards in our title winning season in that league so can't be that bad. 

• Admin
20 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Seems like a great finisher from the vids I've seen. I'm unsure on how quick he is because on some videos it looks like he has a good turn of pace but according to FIFA he has the exact same speed stats as Flint. Seeing as he's been linked with moves to the Prem and Galatasary this seems like great signing. 

To be fair Angers seem to be underrated on Fifa. Pretty sure they have the weakest XI in Ligue 1 on that game despite being a midtable kind of side. 

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I usually take anything on the transfer forum with at least one, possibly several, pinches of salt but this seems interesting. As with most posters I haven't seen him play, but I'm excited by this. Maybe a risk, but an exciting risk. His name is useless for songs and puns, but I can live with that 

Famara whoa Famara whoa! He plays in red and white! He shoots on ******* sight!! 

:facepalm: Apologies its been a boring weekend.

45 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just a thought, do we ever sign anyone on a sunday or do we leave it to be announced on Monday?

Not last year even though strong rumours on the weekend.

Maybe had more to do with the web-site providers than availability of our media team on the weekend?

Archived