IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Bearing in mind we probably made a £10M profit (guess), would 10% be such a surprise?

I thought it was more like 20% but I guess we`ll never know for sure. The main thing is, Angers must be happy with whatever it was and I bet we paid it straight away rather than try and drag it out.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

I thought it was more like 20% but I guess we`ll never know for sure. The main thing is, Angers must be happy with whatever it was and I bet we paid it straight away rather than try and drag it out.

What did we pay for JK? Wasn't it just over £2M? As you say 20% would probably be more likely meaning they would have got around £4M for him. Good business all round TBH.

I think the rumours were €3m / £2.5m.  Then there was talk about either 40% sell-on profit, or 20% sell-on full stop.

None of know the truth, but Angers will have done alright out of it, and that might hope discussions this time around.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think the rumours were €3m / £2.5m.  Then there was talk about either 40% sell-on profit, or 20% sell-on full stop.

None of know the truth, but Angers will have done alright out of it, and that might hope discussions this time around.

€3m I remember which was about 2.25 at the time I think. SL said with add ons like appearances and goals it equaled 3.25 gbp before sell on clauses. So 30% of 7.75m(11m sold plus 4m more)which is another 2.3m but I don't think any of that counts towards the record of fees. Think Magnusson is probably higher because of the exchange rate at the time we bought him. 

Surprised if Diedhou isn't more than €4m but I don't know Angers situation and his contract situation. I'm sure there'd be a hefty sell on and a few add ons

1 hour ago, RedRoss said:

On the angers forum they are saying 4 mil.

http://forum.sco1919.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9538&start=1050

That's an interesting read- though it would be more interesting if my French were better. They seem to have been expecting a sale to Udinese or a bigger English club. Like any forum, opinion seems split. Can Any of our bilingual posters make more of it?

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

That's an interesting read- though it would be more interesting if my French were better. They seem to have been expecting a sale to Udinese or a bigger English club. Like any forum, opinion seems split. Can Any of our bilingual posters make more of it?

My French is limited but I believe the first poster thinks it's in part because he will go to the Africa Cup of Nations? If somebody with better language levels than me says otherwise then in advance I apologise and stand corrected.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I'm sort of getting that they think that 4m isn't enough money for someone with so long left to run on his contract. They also seem to see the British clubs as being super rich and should've demanded more. 

We would probably say the same if it were a Prem team after one of ours to be fair.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I'm sort of getting that they think that 4m isn't enough money for someone with so long left to run on his contract. They also seem to see the British clubs as being super rich and should've demanded more. 

A couple of them said that he's got a lot of good attributes, but that he doesn't always make the right decision in the final third/

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ok, so we get Famara and Vaughan / Dicko plus possibly a youngster again (Ugbo?). That's the front line sorted with Djuric, Taylor and maybe Tomlin and Gustav as well, assuming Wilbs isn't coming back.

What else do we need if Pisano signs? A keeper? Is that it?

Suddenly, we aren't looking too bad IMHO.

I reckon a keeper and that's it if we sign the 3 rumoured to be joining next week

(8,000th post - wow I used to have a lot of time on my hands!)

I've just sent an olive branch over on their forum, by dusting off the old A-level French skills! Pretty much the only question I could muster was who's better Diedhiou or Kodjia?

let's see what they have to say, or whether they just rip the piss out of my broken French!

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I've just sent an olive branch over on their forum, by dusting off the old A-level French skills! Pretty much the only question I could muster was who's better Diedhiou or Kodjia?

let's see what they have to say, or whether they just rip the piss out of my broken French!

The first reply saying Kodjia! But our Jimmy was one hell of a signing, so can't blame them. Famara has the boots of both kodjia and Tammy to fill... pressures on for this lad! 

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

1561_original.jpg

Archived