IGNORED

Famara Diedhiou [Merged] And now signed!!!

Edge1981

32 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Got to say I can see James Vaughan signing too as a squad player. Stockhausen says we want two strikers. Vaughan scored 24 goals last season. In addition Bury fans on their forum say he is the best player they have had in years. 

That really isn't that difficult....is it ??

1 minute ago, class not gas said:

About 3.6 million Sterling which is a lot cheaper than I expected. Thought it would be 5 million plus for him.

It`s all about the sell on though IMO. We maybe offer a bit less up front than others but a better sell on percentage.

Angers must know we`re good for it too which probably helps.

57 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Then again you keep saying Lucic should play, too.

If we do pair Diedhiou and Taylor I can see that being a 20 goal pairing this season, assuming the new lad gets at least 15..

Taylor? I have serious doubts about him. Not trying to derail the thread but I see Djuric and Diedhiou as our front pair, assuming all this rumour is true.

13 minutes ago, class not gas said:

That's probably  4million euros, which is how much in Sterling?

1/12 a Raheem :facepalm:

£3.5m - a club record with add ons too no doubt.

@GrahamC - I like Djuric too, just didn't think we have a current striker capable of linking up with him.  Cannot play him alone, and both Taylor, Tomlin (if still around) and Engvall (if still around) are ones who like to cone deep, at this level.  Tammy, interestingly, didn't link up with him very well.  I think he got so used to having no-one alongside him that when he did have a partner, they tended to occupy their markers rather than find the gaps.

A quickie like Dicko (or Vaughan - who was rapid as a teenager at Everton) would be a good foil with Djuric. 

Djuric of course would vastly benefit (his goals output) from crosses between 18 yard box and touchline, so we have to hope that if we can get overloads with our fullbacks, even if CoD and JP come inside, and they get crosses in from advanced positions.  If we play down the middle, then we need more attacking guile from our CMs.  I think Pack, Smith, Hegeler and Brownhill to provide solidity, to allow the full-backs and sidemen to get up the pitch.

Anyone think Taylor might leave?

Imagine Diedhiou, Djuric, Dicko and Vaughan?

49 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Got to say I can see James Vaughan signing too as a squad player. Stockhausen says we want two strikers. Vaughan scored 24 goals last season. In addition Bury fans on their forum say he is the best player they have had in years. 

Would prefer Dicko if the Vaughan rumour is true but wouldn't be against him, experienced and if he stays fit he's a good player.

Ok, so we get Famara and Vaughan / Dicko plus possibly a youngster again (Ugbo?). That's the front line sorted with Djuric, Taylor and maybe Tomlin and Gustav as well, assuming Wilbs isn't coming back.

What else do we need if Pisano signs? A keeper? Is that it?

Suddenly, we aren't looking too bad IMHO.

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Taylor? I have serious doubts about him. Not trying to derail the thread but I see Djuric and Diedhiou as our front pair, assuming all this rumour is true.

Taylor has proved to be a quick learner as he has gone up through the leagues, I think he was excellent in the last half dozen games, very intelligent , some of his play wasn't read by the others on several occasions at first , granted chances were missed but he was there , I think he will learn quickly from it, I think people are writing him off which isn't right, I think he could have a big season.

Fair play @Port Red, spotting this rumour almost a month ago.

I remember thinking at the time it was one of those out-there rumours that, like Kodjia, Engvall and Magnussen seemed too odd to not be true, but after a few weeks passed I wrote it off as "just a rumour".

Sounds like this one is close to done.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would prefer Dicko if the Vaughan rumour is true but wouldn't be against him, experienced and if he stays fit he's a good player.

If we sign Diedhiou I can only see us signing one of Dicko or Vaughan.

Would it be better if it was Dicko as they`re both French speakers and play for neighbouring West African countries so probably know each other?

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

If we sign Diedhiou I can only see us signing one of Dicko or Vaughan.

Would it be better if it was Dicko as they`re both French speakers and play for neighbouring West African countries so probably know each other?

Me too and good point; might well do. Dicko played for Strasbourg before coming here and Diedhiou a few other clubs before Angers so their paths may have crossed. Similar age too.

Perhaps that's partly the thinking for bringing in Dicko if that's true - language and settling in.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Me too and good point; might well do. Dicko played for Strasbourg before coming here and Diedhiou a few other clubs before Angers so their paths may have crossed. Similar age too.

Perhaps that's partly the thinking for bringing in Dicko if that's true - language and settling in.

Taylor Moore is French speaking too and I would imagine the likes of Hegeler and Magners can hold their own as their English is excellent. 

I would imagine Magners Italian is first class too after his time at Juve, as would be Milans' that can only help our new fullback.

Just now, class not gas said:

This chap is only 24 whereas Kodjias was 28 so Angers are probably  hoping to make much more on his sell on clause.

Didn't SL say after JK left that, with the sell on clause, we paid our record fee for him at just over £3M or did I imagine that last year? 

Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Taylor Moore is French speaking too and I would imagine the likes of Hegeler and Magners can hold their own as their English is excellent. 

I bet Sir Steve speaks a bit too living in Guernsey.

I have also heard it said that Mark Ashton is a bit of a cunning linguist too.

2 hours ago, JustinCider said:

Hmmm, I'm not convinced tbh. Watching that he looks a one trick pony; and aren't French defenders rubbish, they fell for the same move every single time. Still, to be fair, he's a very accurate finisher, he found that bottom right hand corner every time.

How can you call him a one trick pony in response to a video showing one goal?

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

About 2 - 2.5 mil I think. I`m sure someone else will have a more accurate figure though.

Can't remember if their rumoured sell on was 30% or 40. But 30% of £11m is 3.3m, 40 is 4.4m. Then (assuming all clauses are/were met) they would get another 1.2m or 1.6m when we got/get the extra £4m from Villa

That is assuming the sell on was a "percentage of next sale" clause rather than "percentage of profit"

Archived