IGNORED

Your best loved City player

Major Isewater

Hot on the heels of my last thread , how about your favourite City player ?

The lad  for whom you have, or had, a real affinity with. 

We will have have lots of votes for the Warrior ,Gerry Gow ,evidently but what about the others ? A player who helped out a charity of yours or carried your mum's shopping for instance .

For me it was Bob Taylor . Yes arise Sir Bob . We always had a chance of getting something out of a game when he played .

I met him before a game away at Notts County and he was free with his time, chatted about stuff and signed my programme ( still got it ) Top bloke. 

Brian Tinnion, for 12 years it was a privilege to watch his exquisite passes, the way he linked up with Martin Scott, Darren Barbara and Mickey Bell own the left, described by Shaun Goater as left sided magic! That goal goal at Anfield helped too!

5 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

John Galley for me, idolised him from when I first stated watching City. 

Big John Galley for me also. He showed genuine concern for me when I was about 9/10 after I got smashed in the face from a wild shot (not by him) during the pre-match warm up, and he scored one of the best goals I have ever seen against Swindle (the team I love to hate).

Lee Trundle, Noble JET and Sproule stand out for me.. all of them exciting and talented (especially Trundle and JET) but all had flaws.

I'll never forget Noble & Trundle's goals vs Palace and JET's vs Rovers.

Three of those players from the playoff season.. don't think I've ever enjoyed following City as much as that season, before or since.

24 minutes ago, Die Hard Red said:

John Galley for me, idolised him from when I first stated watching City. 

Same here, I was just too late for John Atyeo, but being in my early teens, JG stood out.

33 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Brian Tinnion, for 12 years it was a privilege to watch his exquisite passes, the way he linked up with Martin Scott, Darren Barbara and Mickey Bell own the left, described by Shaun Goater as left sided magic! That goal goal at Anfield helped too!

When someone starts a "most over-rated" thread Tinnion's my man

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Lee Trundle, Noble JET and Sproule stand out for me.. all of them exciting and talented (especially Trundle and JET) but all had flaws.

I'll never forget Noble & Trundle's goals vs Palace and JET's vs Rovers.

Three of those players from the playoff season.. don't think I've ever enjoyed following City as much as that season, before or since.

Interesting choices, given that 3 of them often struggled to hold down a first team slot and JET needed a lot of freedom in order to be effective.

Not knocking your choices btw!

6 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's better Major.

Paul Agostino, ran his socks off every game and clearly enjoyed playing.

That the club admin staff were too slow to wake up to the implication of the Bosman ruling on player contracts is their fault and not his. See also Liam Rosenoir.

:innocent06:

Way too many

Super Bob, Jacki, Biff, Scotty, Walshy, Shuan Taylor, the left back trilogy, Glen Humphries, Glyn Riley, Stevie Neville, Bobby Hutch.....

The one who I didn't really appreciate at the time, but the second he left I realised what he gave us - Gary Shelton

Don't make me choose. All a massive part of my childhood / early adulthood - all gave me the best memories. City don't have piss me off at times, but no other club could have given me all these, and 100s of others who I've not mentioned

Archived