IGNORED

John Terry to play at Ashton Gate?

myol'man

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

.....and the fact that he's a racist knob head

You do realise he was acquitted of all charges of rascism and was cleared in a law court? Not saying I like the guy but he seems to have been labelled with a tag for which he was cleared.....unless you know different? Apologies if I've missed other charges...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You do realise he was acquitted of all charges of rascism and was cleared in a law court? Not saying I like the guy but he seems to have been labelled with a tag for which he was cleared.....unless you know different? Apologies if I've missed other charges...

Ched Evans is still a rapist, haven't you heard?...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He wasn't acquitted of being a knob head.  That charge still stands.

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Why would he turn down Brighton to play for Villa? Surely Villa can't be paying anywhere near what his reported wage demands were. 

£50 k per week apparently! In the championship? Crazy 

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

only acquitted because he invented some convoluted tale to cover himself........but my post was indeed incorrect - I should have said"lying racist knob head"

in fact " lying racist adulterous knob head" if we're being picky.

Doing the rounds on Twitter that he has 'solid' offers from Villa, Celtic, Bournemouth, Reading and........ us...

Oh please no. 

If true, I'd imagine he'll go to Bournemouth or Reading as he probably won't need to move house.

If he comes here, it will be down to SL doing a 'David James' again. And we all know how that panned out...

6 hours ago, CodeRed said:

only acquitted because he invented some convoluted tale to cover himself........but my post was indeed incorrect - I should have said"lying racist knob head"

in fact " lying racist adulterous knob head" if we're being picky.

You missed out greedy - he was on £100k+ a week but charged people to show them round the training ground.  Sorry, my mistake, he gave the money to charity...

And does that look like money well spent for Villa?  It does not, another season of underperformance for them and another cut in their parachute payment to make it harder the next year.

There may be somebody on here that us envious that Villa have signed Terry on £60k a week; but not many.

It is clearly up to Villa as what they spend and on who but I think this is quite irresponsible and as BRISTOL86 suggested inevitably it will have a knock on effect on the Championship.

There may indeed be some on here that will be envious but hopefully the majority will see we simply cannot go down that road.

It will never happen (people in high places pulling strings) but I feel it is high time that the whole parachute payments issue was reviewed as at present the Championship is not, and has not been for a while, a level playing field.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm a bit surprised he's not in the Prem. Surely the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, Stoke etc might have fancied him and 60k isn't that much for the Prem.

Maybe Villa have offered huge bonuses.

He supposedly made the comment that he did not want to play against Chelsea.

Not sure if this is true, mind.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm a bit surprised he's not in the Prem. Surely the likes of Bournemouth, Burnley, Stoke etc might have fancied him and 60k isn't that much for the Prem.

Maybe Villa have offered huge bonuses.

Surely this explains all that is wrong with the money in the game when £60,000 per week "isn't that much for the Prem".

24 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Surely this explains all that is wrong with the money in the game when £60,000 per week "isn't that much for the Prem".

I agree, it's an obscene amount of money really. In relative terms for a former Chelsea captain, it really isn't that much. It's only going to go up and I predict within 10 years we'll see the first player on the equivalent of £1,000,000 a week.

33 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

He supposedly made the comment that he did not want to play against Chelsea.

Not sure if this is true, mind.

Explains it if so, great servant to Chelsea.

£60k a week doesn't seem that much for a player like Terry even in the championship.

Works out as just over £3m for a full year which when you take into account there is no transfer fee involved, if it pushes them back to the promised land then it's money well spent.

Personally I am happier with the thought of keeping Flint rather than selling him and signing Terry (not saying it would happen, just speaking hypothetically).

37 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Stick duric up front with famara for that game. Good signing for villa. Looking forward to that game. Should be a good attendance. With a huge villa following. 

Surely a battle with Djuric will suit Terry all day long.

Archived