IGNORED

U21 European Championship; Sweden v England

bristolcitysweden

I personally don't think England played too badly. Swedens U21 team are different to the senior as they have better youth. However saying that I thought Tammy didn't have too much support in that second half. I thought Baker was awful and Redmond wasn't too good in the second half. As for Tammy and Engvall they did quite well I suppose, Engvall did a couple of key passes and I hope he gets more game time next season whereas Tammys hold up play was superb and was unlucky not to score in the first half. I have to say that Cibinski (that how you spell it?) looked very good for Sweden and maybe look at their GK? 

1 minute ago, cityboy99 said:

Player who caught my eye most was Jacob Murphy thought he had good patches in the game.

Holgate could be a possibility on loan if other right back targets fall through. Looks like could do with some regular football instead of bit parts at Everton.

Ex Barnsley aswell :fear:

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apparently we aren`t any more!

Interesting that some people seem to think we've voted to leave the continent. We've left a government agreement with some European nations, not the continent of Europe. :thumbsup: You are still very much a European, just like Norway, Switzerland etc....

Just now, Flint says No said:

How has he done this season? Also looked at Cibici who looked great today would he be available?

Can't say really as I don't follow him but he today showed he can perform under pressure. Cibicki was on loan to Jönköping Södra last season from Malmö FF but is way out of our price range

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Interestingly, according to Wiki he was born in January 1994, i.e. is aged 24. How does that work in the under 21 Euros?

I think you have to be under 21 at the start of the qualifying tournament. IIRC James Milner was about 24 and still playing for the U21s

19 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

Player who caught my eye most was Jacob Murphy thought he had good patches in the game.

Holgate could be a possibility on loan if other right back targets fall through. Looks like could do with some regular football instead of bit parts at Everton.

16 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Ex Barnsley aswell :fear:

9 minutes ago, cityboy99 said:

Was that under LJ reign? Could help us if it was. Then again could also put him right off :whistle: 

I've watched him with interest since we sold him, both in the Everton first team and U23s, when he was at Oakwell just about everyone watching him expected him to follow the John Stones path in to being a ball playing centre half, having watched him closely this season I think he's crying out for a move inside asap, I think he's a cut above Championship level if he is to go out on loan to cut his teeth as a central defender I think he'll have no problems finding a top flight club to take him. 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Terrible by England. I think tactically some of our coaches are clueless. Should have gone 4-4-2 like Sweden and should have gone more direct. Instead of having one up top marked out the game, and passing it around until they lose it. We have to stop trying to be like other countries and play to our own strengths. Thought Engvall looked decent. Don't think he's gonna come back ready for our first team though. A 6 month loan to league one and then see if he's ready in January.

He's not going to go and play in league one!

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

oh bore off you horn its a forum and i can say what i like.

Dear Kodjias wrist. 

Everytime you quote this bloke his inane horse shit appears on my screen. Please stop! I recommend you press the ignore button. If not, stop putting all the rest of us who long since stopped taking the nause in any way seriously, and put him on ignore, through his drivel by quoting it!!!!!!!

Yours with respect. RO 

3 hours ago, Flint says No said:

I personally don't think England played too badly. Swedens U21 team are different to the senior as they have better youth. However saying that I thought Tammy didn't have too much support in that second half. I thought Baker was awful and Redmond wasn't too good in the second half. As for Tammy and Engvall they did quite well I suppose, Engvall did a couple of key passes and I hope he gets more game time next season whereas Tammys hold up play was superb and was unlucky not to score in the first half. I have to say that Cibinski (that how you spell it?) looked very good for Sweden and maybe look at their GK? 

Different to the seniors...we just beat France, how did you play against them:)

Leading the group before France and Netherlands!

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think that was due to him wanting to go back to Sweden to score some goals in his home country and ensure he gets selected for the under 21s. Also their season carries on after ours has finished which means he is fit for this tournament and will be fit for when he returns to us.

Are you not sure it was due to his girlfriend still being at uni/ college in Sweden. and if I remember the photo correctly Oslo here I come.

26 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

The keeper earns 4000 pound a month, nearly what Gustav earns in two days....

Surely he cannot be on that much money!

35 minutes ago, BCFC OF SWEDEN said:

Nu får vi tvätta din mun med såpa Tommy. Gillar inte när du svär!

Care to translate ;)

Archived