IGNORED

European U21 championship (Merged)

Red Army 75

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

You going to any of the other England games? They`re all in the same stadium aren`t they?

got too much work on next week so won't make the other games, but will head down to the semis if we make it through. Yeah, all the England games are being played in Kielce, which is a bit of a shame as it's a bloody horrible town, especially compared to the other host cities. feel sorry for the england fans who've made it out! hats off to them though, think there was at least a couple of hundred dotted around, which I guess is pretty  brilliant considering they've travelled to the darkest depths of regional Poland on the back of two very recent and attractive / costly aways in scotland and france. 

5 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

got too much work on next week so won't make the other games, but will head down to the semis if we make it through. Yeah, all the England games are being played in Kielce, which is a bit of a shame as it's a bloody horrible town, especially compared to the other host cities. feel sorry for the england fans who've made it out! hats off to them though, think there was at least a couple of hundred dotted around, which I guess is pretty  brilliant considering they've travelled to the darkest depths of regional Poland on the back of two very recent and attractive / costly aways in scotland and france. 

There`s always one grim host city for some reason. I was watching Spain v Macedonia earlier and the commentators were raving about how lovely Gdynia was and how lucky they were to be based there.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

There`s always one grim host city for some reason. I was watching Spain v Macedonia earlier and the commentators were raving about how lovely Gdynia was and how lucky they were to be based there.

Gdynia is brilliant, in fact all the host cities are apart from Kielce. Poor England get a miserable failing city in the arse end of nowhere - I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA fixed that on purpose! On the plus side, Tammy might get another reminder of bristol if he has a walk around town: 

11.JPG

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think Gustav at the moment(we haven't signed anyone) is our best bet of replacing Tammy. I think he's got the talent to have a big part to play with us. That is of course if he still fancies it. 

Really ?

A replacement for TA ?

Not on the same planet  IMHO

lacks pace and dlooks like someone more likely to set up a goal than score himself

Nice first touch and reasonable strength but can't see him getting goals in Champ and will have to improve to make it here IMHO

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Really ?

A replacement for TA ?

Not on the same planet  IMHO

lacks pace and dlooks like someone more likely to set up a goal than score himself

Nice first touch and reasonable strength but can't see him getting goals in Champ and will have to improve to make it here IMHO

Our best bet as replacement. Meaning he's probably the one I'd feel has the best chance in leading us in goals next season right now before we've signed anyone. That's not ideal but he just seems to be a pest of a striker. He does seem more in the mold of what Matty Taylor brings with dropping deeper and playing other people in but I have seen him in the box for crosses or taking on a defender and trying to find a corner. 

No one will replace Tammy but of our current core I think I'd have the most confidence in Gustav to fill Tammys boots the most 

4 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Our best bet as replacement. Meaning he's probably the one I'd feel has the best chance in leading us in goals next season right now before we've signed anyone. That's not ideal but he just seems to be a pest of a striker. He does seem more in the mold of what Matty Taylor brings with dropping deeper and playing other people in but I have seen him in the box for crosses or taking on a defender and trying to find a corner. 

No one will replace Tammy but of our current core I think I'd have the most confidence in Gustav to fill Tammys boots the most 

Fair enough - but either mine or your judgement is way way off kilt

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Fair enough - but either mine or your judgement is way way off kilt

Beauty of opinions. I think there is a player in there though. All of our strikers have attributes I like. Maybe that's me just being positive about our players though. We definitely need one top class striker though. He doesn't need to be Tammy but I don't have much faith in any of our current core hitting 10 so if we can get one who can get us 12-15 that would be great. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Beauty of opinions. I think there is a player in there though. All of our strikers have attributes I like. Maybe that's me just being positive about our players though. We definitely need one top class striker though. He doesn't need to be Tammy but I don't have much faith in any of our current core hitting 10 so if we can get one who can get us 12-15 that would be great. 

I think Matty Taylor could prove to be that. He found himself in the right positions at the tail end of last season but never put it away. And if there's one thing the bloke can definitely do its finish. 

I fancy him to have his shooting boots back on next season. 

Just now, BCFCGav said:

I think Matty Taylor could prove to be that. He found himself in the right positions at the tail end of last season but never put it away. And if there's one thing the bloke can definitely do its finish. 

I fancy him to have his shooting boots back on next season. 

I hope so. Basically I see Engvall as a better Matty Taylor but I've never seen Matty Taylor as a goal scorer. If Matty added goals to his overall game then he would be our best option. As it stands I think Gustav brings similar qualities but is younger, more athletic and has better touch. Then again I've only seen Gustav a couple of times. Hopefully Matty gets confidence and scores a few this season. 

Just now, JoeAman08 said:

I hope so. Basically I see Engvall as a better Matty Taylor but I've never seen Matty Taylor as a goal scorer. If Matty added goals to his overall game then he would be our best option. As it stands I think Gustav brings similar qualities but is younger, more athletic and has better touch. Then again I've only seen Gustav a couple of times. Hopefully Matty gets confidence and scores a few this season. 

A better look at Engvall is definitely needed. I hope you're right about him. We've had some risks turn out to be great strikers this past couple of seasons, Gustav following suit would be lovely.

Why on earth would you play a striker like Tammy, yet play a style and team that utterly denies him the best service i.e. crosses into the box, and balls into feet?

This horrid, negative approach that both the under 21s and main team seem to have where every single bloody pass is inside and all movement so lateral and telegraphed is brain crushingly crap.

We've got some hole to get of now.

You wouldn't take a second glance at Tammy on the 1 1/2 games so far - talk about trying to live on scraps 

Hardly a ball to feet or a half decent cross in either game

Noticed he's started to drop deeper an move wide to try and find some space away from the two physical centre halfs that have been attached to him in both games - sensible Tammy

Ironic that we are trying to pass them to death whilst they have physicality and get the ball in the channels early and are causing us far more problems than we are them

In fact I'm not sure who you'd be wholly impressed with considering the alleged pedigree of our players and how much they'd cost if you wanted to buy them

Some potential bargains to peruse in the other sides tho

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You wouldn't take a second glance at Tammy on the 1 1/2 games so far - talk about trying to live on scraps 

Noticed he's started to drop deeper an move wide to try and find some space away from the two physical centre halfs that have been attached to him in both games - sensible Tammy

Ironic that we are trying to pass them to death whilst they have physicality and get the ball in the channels early and are causing us far more problems than we are them

In fact I'm not sure who you'd be wholly impressed with considering the alleged pedigree of our players and how much they'd cost if you wanted to buy them

To much messing about. Just get the ball in the box . England look poor 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

He's now drifting further and further out of the box to try and get possession, completely exposing the absurdity of this system in which there are 3/4 'attacking' midfielders on the pitch (Swift, Redmond, Baker, Ward-P) but none of them seem to be tasked with breaking the lines or driving at the Slovaks.

Chalobah is seeing most of the ball, along with the full backs, as the 'attackers' are so fluid as to be useless.

Slovakia are playing a disciplined 442 in attack and 451 in defence, and absolutely schooling us in how to smother attacks and hit a team on the break.

As seems to be the way now, we wait for someone to do something 'special' or play out of system for a few moments to generate a chance, so hope to score from a set play.

It's depressing to think the swashbuckling under 20s side (who were not afraid to break the lines with hard running or push the channels and get the ball to the line and actually fire it in) will have their exuberance knocked out of them to fit this gross style.

18 minutes ago, samo II said:

Why on earth would you play a striker like Tammy, yet play a style and team that utterly denies him the best service i.e. crosses into the box, and balls into feet?

This horrid, negative approach that both the under 21s and main team seem to have where every single bloody pass is inside and all movement so lateral and telegraphed is brain crushingly crap.

We've got some hole to get of now.

Spot on . It's all so predictable 

Archived