IGNORED

Marina and Steve L honoured in Queens birthday honours

Dollymarie

23 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

No problem with 'gongs' for people who are the best in their profession, top charity fund raisers, undertaken heroic deeds. On that basis, have no problem with SL but think he should have been made a 'sir' based on his achievements.

The scum who get them for political undertakings just tarnish and devalue honours for them to become almost meaningless. The guy who mis-managed the EU campaign gets a knighthood from his mate Cameroon. Just appalling and he should've said no, mindful of the impact on those who earned their well-deserved honour. A shameless scummer. 

...and just to balance things out politically, didn't Howard Wilson give a gong to his housekeeper .... for doing housekeeping? Just a joke and brings the whole system into disrepute. 

.........but then he changed his name!!!!

:whistle:

11 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

http://beta.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-duo-receive-honours/

Steve Lansdown gets a CBE and Marina Dolman gets an MBE. 

Members of the Order of the British Empire 
Squadron Leader (Retd) George Leonard JOHNSON (Johnny), DFM 

"For services to World War II Remembrance and the community in Bristol". 

Well done George.:clapping:

Congratulations to Mrs Colman and Mr Lansdown. I will now need to look up these CBE's and things and find out the differences. But marvellous anyway; good to see Queenie recognises that while Steve has a patchy managerial record he at least tries hard and has done an awful lot for Bristol et al.

7 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I know everyone's bored cos of no football, but let's not let this descend into a bitchfest at each other about the honours system please. 

You started it! If you don't want people to comment on the honours system don't start a thread about the honours system. 

Edit. Dame Dolly of the Dolman sounds ok if it's your turn next 

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You started it! If you don't want people to comment on the honours system don't start a thread about the honours system. 

Edit. Dame Dolly of the Dolman sounds ok if it's your turn next 

It's the one stand I've never sat in for a proper game. I'd feel a bit of a fraud having that name in my title cos of that ;) 

If I fancy endulging empiricist nonsense, which I often do then well done Steve and Marina. Marvellous, toodle-pip and what have you.  

I'd rather endulge Pippa Middleton but this probably isn't the time or place.

Thanks Steve for your finance, passion and time invested in City.  I sincerely mean that.

I could not personally live with that level of wealth alongside such levels of hardship and poverty and maintain my sanity, so it is also heartening to see that you can't either.

You can not take it with you :)

Archived