IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Twice- having got away with it 1 or 2 balls before 

It's a symptom of too much 20 over cricket i reckon. Bazball is basically 20 over cricket in test match form. If it comes off, it looks impressive, but if it fails it looks stupid

What an absolute shower of shit that was, in the most batting-friendly conditions we could ever hope for. But that’s what you get if you continue to pick the likes of Crawley, Bairstow and Ali. We’ve seen enough of them over the years to know they only bat one way and, bar a golden period for Bairstow last summer, it’s yielded the grand sum of FA.

Edited by tin

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Extraordinary. I don't even know what the plan is anymore. Seems like it's "Bazball" for everyone, apart from the actual captain and main proponent of it.

I don't mind Bazball but surely all batting intelligence shouldn't go out the window.

• Like 2

If you believe Stokes and McCullum it's never been about going out and trying to whack everything, but about giving the players the freedom to play in a way that seems natural to them. Where that is falling down is that too many of them aren't bearing the match situation in mind when deciding how they should play, other than Stokes.

McCullum even said after Lords that he thought they got it wrong when they were bounced out in the first innings, that they should have ducked under a few instead of trying to take everything on.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If you think that was down to Bazball I can only assume you've never seen Moeen Ali bat before.

It was more a dig at the people that have at times tried defending our brainless batting. I’m sure you were aware of that but couldn’t  but help get a patronising comment in. 

I could watch that 2019 Headingley highlights every day.

I’d forgotten how dreadful the Aussies were, they completely lost the plot and Payne’s captaincy was woeful.

That’s not taking anything away from the hero of the day, Jack Leach well supported by Ben Stokes

Just now, ralphindevon said:

I’m wondering if Stokes will be able to field, he was really struggling there but what an effort. Still in it folks, just got to find 5 fit bowlers now

Sure they said Robinson won't be bowling today so we are down to 4 bowlers + Root.

• Like 1