IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

If you want to know what an amazing Series this has been just look at this thread.

Loads of- it’s all over- that’s the Ashes gone type posts, and I’m not having a go at anyone here because I’ve not disagreed, but we’ve ended up winning!! 

And similar in the previous tests, both of which we could have won.

Test cricket is the boss and the Ashes rarely fail to deliver.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

What a disastrous game he has had !

Disastrous series. Mitchell Marsh scored more runs in this Test than he has done all series. 

Jonny’s 6 innings have come at an average of 23 and he’s taken 12 out of 21 chances behind the stumps, not including missed stumpings. People talk about fine margins…

Edited by tin

17 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Woakes' record at home is as good as anybody. Doesn't get anywhere near the recognition he deserves.

I like Broad but I know who I would rather have coming in at 8! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

What about Tongue coming back in instead of Robinson? More of a seamers wicket at OT? Bowled well, quick too.

Bairstow is absolute class but hasn't played enough cricket since breaking his leg and is under cooked. Could get better?

I think it will be choice of Anderson or Tongue for Robinson as only change. Can’t really call it but maybe Anderson loyalty and it’s his home ground will give him the edge. He’s particularly good there 

5 hours ago, Super said:

Who do we think will bat 3 next test? Brook surely has to go back to 5 so you are either looking at Moeen or Root?

It should be Root, or Bohannon if I were involved in selection, but it’ll be Mo. The balance of the side is better with Brook at 5. 

Its the Elephant in the room the Ben Foakes situation. I know they want consistency in their approach, but to me its totally stubborn. You don't pick your opening bowler for the entire series and stick with it, no matter what - so why do it with the wicketkeeper? Unless Foakes has shat in Brendan McCullum's trainers i don't get it.

• Like 1