IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Super said:

England have bowled 49 overs in 2 sessions. 

Derby have bowled 64 against Durham!

11 behind already isn't good

We'll get the usual fine for slow over rate but the players don't get like they do when they get penalised by runs etc in the shorter format

It's clear what the answer is 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

11 behind already isn't good

We'll get the usual fine for slow over rate but the players don't get like they do when they get penalised by runs etc in the shorter format

It's clear what the answer is 

Slow over rate = slow extra rate? ?

Jimmy really is looking like his career is in its final moments, not getting any luck but then his head seems to be dropping and he serves up half volleys, very un Jimmy like.

Hope this post looks silly soon and he has a hat full but I’m struggling to see it. 

52 minutes ago, TomF said:

The light wasn’t an issue tho. It was purely that they stop at 6:30 

I know but what I mean is why would Australia want to? Nothing in it for them. They want to bat aslong time wise as possible as they have the huge advantage of being 2-1 up and knowing England need a result and that the weather is going to help them.

In essence they’d much rather be sat in the pavilion than batting for obvious reasons. 

7 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Ashes are gone if they get that with the rain around.  Need to be bowling them out for 280 max I’d say, which looks unlikely 

Agreed. I’m surprised Root didn’t bowl today. Australia in the driving seat after day one. 

There was no reason why they couldn’t complete the 90 overs today. We had the light and the weather. With rain around over the weekend, there’s also no reason why they can’t start earlier tomorrow and Friday.

Edited by tin

8 hours ago, tin said:

Agreed. I’m surprised Root didn’t bowl today. Australia in the driving seat after day one. 

There was no reason why they couldn’t complete the 90 overs today. We had the light and the weather. With rain around over the weekend, there’s also no reason why they can’t start earlier tomorrow and Friday.

Or England could just bowl quicker. Getting beyond a joke now. 

17 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Thinking winning this is an impossible task given the forecast. Gonna have to go full 50/50 mode today to have any chance and even then very unlikely

Yes rain around tomorrow now. Almost like get somewhere near there total today hopefully and declare. Not much chance of play on Saturday.