IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

On 03/10/2023 at 21:50, ralphindevon said:

Anyone here been to a test match in India?

I’m tempted to go over for one of the tests next Jan or Feb , I don’t want to do one of the overpriced official tours but I can’t find anywhere that sells tickets.

I have never been to India, but had a wonderful trip to Sri Lanka some years ago.

Unfortunately, it was outside of the cricket season, but I did manage to get myself an unofficial guided tour of Galle.

When I say ‘unofficial’ I actually paid a man who claimed to be ‘security’, but he was very knowledgeable and seemed to have keys to most rooms.

Perhaps I’ll manage to go back one day to watch some cricket.

• Like 1

I’m trying to think of a single England player that’s played any 50 over cricket since we last won the World Cup, besides the occasional ODI.

You reap what you sow and putting the 100 ahead of a 50 over contest was yet another reason why it was the worst thing to happen to cricket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

When are Bangladesh actually going to threaten the big boys, feels like they should be better than they are.

South Africa looking tasty is a breath of fresh air.

Will be going in a fortnight. Watching Netherlands v. Australia, England v. India and Pakistan v. Bangladesh. Never been to India before so can't wait. 

Superb. Do you have room for a little un?

Good to see SA competetive again Tournaments are always the better when more teams are on top of their game.

Got a day off tomorrow and looking forward to watching the Kiwis with Kane W back. As always, if England can`t win the trophy I want NZ to - they are just such a likeable team. We all know it`s going to be India though and Kohli will be as insufferable as usual.