IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

I’m just reading on Cricinfo, which is normally very reliable, that qualification for the 2025 World Cup is based on the finishing positions in this tournament - the top seven plus Pakistan, as hosts.

England had better buck up their ideas in the next week or so, or any discussion about poor preparation and the negative effects of the 100 will be largely academic.

Today’s match against India appears to be slipping away slightly after an encouraging start - Liam Livingston starring again.

• Admin

Australia batter Glenn Maxwell will miss Saturday's World Cup match against England after falling off the back of a golf buggy and suffering a concussion.

The incident happened on Monday as Australia's squad played a round of golf on a day off in Ahmedabad.

Australia say there is no further injury and it is hoped he will be able to play later in the tournament.

• Haha 2

On 01/11/2023 at 11:13, phantom said:

Australia batter Glenn Maxwell will miss Saturday's World Cup match against England after falling off the back of a golf buggy and suffering a concussion.

The incident happened on Monday as Australia's squad played a round of golf on a day off in Ahmedabad.

Australia say there is no further injury and it is hoped he will be able to play later in the tournament.

I also read this morning that Mitch Marsh has flown home for ‘personal reasons’.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Stokes to have knee surgery after the World Cup, hopes to be fit for the start of the India tour at the end of January.

Would it not make sense to send him home now seeing as we have nothing to play for?

Mistake taking him really should of had the operation after the Ashes.

5 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah I wonder if picking him damaged the team spirit a little

Turned his back on 50 over cricket Then when ghe world Cup comes around was Happy to be back in the spot light 

But only batting, and not very well at that.

As @Super said earlier, he should have had his operation straight after The Ashes.

Not a single comment on today’s game!

I’ve barely commented on any of this World Cup which I normally would have done frequently.

I guess it’s because we have been so poor but just feel a bit meh about the whole WC in India.

I love the 50 over format, I’m sure I saw a Times headline suggesting Mike Atherton think’s the same. A good full days cricket that requires skills from red ball and T20.

But the fact our counties don’t play it any more with their first elevens has pissed me off so much I can’t be doing with it.

• Like 3