IGNORED

International Cricket

Monkeh

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

The umpire had a very good look at that and caved, pitched outside off stump and was literally clipping leg, i thought he was slightly unlucky today 

It should have been not out, there was a huge doubt that it was going down the leg side. The on field umpire should have let them review it and the umpires call goes Burns way. 

On 09/02/2021 at 10:05, TomF said:

I've always thought Kohli was fairly classy.  Not sure how good a captain he is though, I think Rahane might be the better captain as illustrated in Australia. 

Kohli’s captaincy was questioned on C4 saying today that today was his fourth consecutive defeat. Absolutely no doubting his brilliance as a batsman tho.

24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The rest of today and up to tea tomorrow could be a tough watch.............................

It's not gunna be cinematic, nevermind, I've got City's highlights (don't spoil it, I don't know the score) I'm going for a draw, then one of my favourite Boxers, Josh Warrington is beating up a Mexican road sweeper before dodging kid Galahad and going for the big money fights v the top fighters in the division.. 

What could possibly go wrong?

• Haha 2

This test is pretty much all over bar the winning runs. Mirror image of the first test.

It highlights just how crucial the toss is, win it at bat first amass a decent score, add a few more second innings and then bowl out the opposition on a bunson of a wicket - just as England did last test.

Edited by Robbored

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This test is pretty much all over bar the winning runs. Mirror image of the first test.

It highlights just how crucial the toss is, win it at bat first amass a decent score, add a few more second innings and then bowl out the opposition on a bunson of a wicket - just as England did last test.

True in a way but India’s record of winning home tests after losing the toss is superb.  They still win the vast majority.  

11 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Course there is. To disillusion England

All part of cricket.  England want them to declare so why would they do something that England want them too?

Yep. For the last couple of hours the England openers will have been thinking about batting and wondering when they'll have to do it. This prolongs their agony.

5 dropped catches, must do better. So, based on India's 2 innings, this is roughly a 300 run pitch, England badly underperformed in 1st innings, but Ashwin has shown what is possible.  Can England bat for the remainder of the test and salvage a draw?  Some of the batsmen need to come to the fore now and front up.