IGNORED

Season Ticket sales.....

Loosey Boy

3 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Can't to too good , or it will be all over the press 

I'm sure most people that wanted one, have one already. 

I think people who were waiting to see what our summer business was like could be excused for waiting to get home from work first!

Hopefully a transfer record smashing signing, plus a couple of other good ones will tempt a few more to buy ST's before August comes around. 

I'm tempted to get one because the Mrs said, "oh yeah?" when I put the thought out there instead of "oh no you're not." Which I count as giving her blessing. Tenuous I know but maybe strike while the iron is still in the cupboard.

Does anyone know if the Brislington Park and Ride will be in operation for all home games this season? As it's the only way I'd be able to make full use of an SC. Or is there any way of finding out from an official source?

19 minutes ago, Malbec said:

I'm tempted to get one because the Mrs said, "oh yeah?" when I put the thought out there instead of "oh no you're not." Which I count as giving her blessing. Tenuous I know but maybe strike while the iron is still in the cupboard.

Does anyone know if the Brislington Park and Ride will be in operation for all home games this season? As it's the only way I'd be able to make full use of an SC. Or is there any way of finding out from an official source?

I'm assuming yes Malbec and I'm planning to use it again this coming season. Was very popular so can't see any reason for them to stop it 

4 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

I'm assuming yes Malbec and I'm planning to use it again this coming season. Was very popular so can't see any reason for them to stop it 

Thanks for the reply. Looking on First Bus's site they've got it listed so you're probably right. I think I'll give them a call though just to make absolutely sure.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I hope not. I know three people who are getting a season ticket for the first time this season. Only three I know but shows people weren't put off.

I'll be going on my own next season as my co-attendee, a STH, had had enough half way through last season. Stopped enjoying it, just didn't want to go any more.

I know of others who feel the same way and have not renewed, and quite a few more on here who said they wouldn't be.

Great to hear of new STH's of course, but City can't afford to lose the old ones, and I think they've lost a fair number.

An increase in child ST's might skew the number, but that's not the same for the club financially, and it seemed to me that alot of the time many of their seats were empty last season. 

25 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I hope not. I know three people who are getting a season ticket for the first time this season. Only three I know but shows people weren't put off.

Don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but I know of 3 who haven't renewed. Sorry KW. Still, means we're on course for no less than last year by that maths!

8 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but I know of 3 who haven't renewed. Sorry KW. Still, means we're on course for no less than last year by that maths!

I know at least 10 people who have bought ST's for the first time for this coming season. And all regulars that I go with have all renewed. 

12 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Do you think signings like the ones we have made would have changed thier mind? Or would a good start to the season entyce them?

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know at least 10 people who have bought ST's for the first time for this coming season. And all regulars that I go with have all renewed. 

That's remarkable. What was their impetus for suddenly deciding to become STH holders?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's remarkable. What was their impetus for suddenly deciding to become STH holders?

A bit of a snowball really. One has always been a Leeds fan but lives in Bristol. Came to a couple of games with me last season and decided to make it a regular thing, with his friend. Then another added on. Then a friend of theirs dad thought he'd join them and then another couple of friends added on with them. Etc. 

I don't directly know anyone who hasn't renewed. Obviously there will be some, but in general, I think most people were encouraged by the end of season turn around. 

In fairness, I don't think many that I go would not renew, however bad it might get! Having said that, it's the only place you can watch championship football anywhere around these parts! 

12 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Really wanted to get one but no decent seats available below rows 25 or 30.

I'm sure that can't be the case!

If it is, then sales must be doing pretty well. 

Bare in mind that there's not a "bad" seat in the stadium these days. 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A bit of a snowball really. One has always been a Leeds fan but lives in Bristol. Came to a couple of games with me last season and decided to make it a regular thing, with his friend. Then another added on. Then a friend of theirs dad thought he'd join them and then another couple of friends added on with them. Etc. 

I don't directly know anyone who hasn't renewed. Obviously there will be some, but in general, I think most people were encouraged by the end of season turn around. 

In fairness, I don't think many that I go would not renew, however bad it might get! Having said that, it's the only place you can watch championship football anywhere around these parts! 

So out of of those ten none of them are city fans ?!?! ;)

1 hour ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Do you think signings like the ones we have made would have changed thier mind? Or would a good start to the season entyce them?

A change of manager might. A decent start possibly, but probably not. Bit fed up with the continued struggle at this level, I think. They'll be back soon enough, though.

I would just like to confirm I am aware of the terrible spelling mistakes made above.

6 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

A change of manager might. A decent start possibly, but probably not. Bit fed up with the continued struggle at this level, I think. They'll be back soon enough, though.

Yeah I completely understand. Ashton Gate has I think a very good match day experience now and this helps. Getting back to North Bristol for me can be a pain though on night matches but only half an hour drive!

Hopefully a couple of playoff chasing seasons will increase interest or maybe even a good cup run? 

I would just like to confirm I am aware of the terrible spelling mistakes made above.

Yeah I completely understand. Ashton Gate has I think a very good match day experience now and this helps. Getting back to North Bristol for me can be a pain though on night matches but only half an hour drive!

Hopefully a couple of playoff chasing seasons will increase interest or maybe even a good cup run

What's that?

Archived