IGNORED

Tim Shires sacked?

BRISTOL86

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

I must admit I did intend taking it up with the club as the time but then forgot until @petehintonmentioned it just now. I'm all for giving praise when praise is due but I'll come down like a ton of bricks when something is wrong, and this is wrong.

Ive nothing personally against Downsy but don't like his style and how he has been used at football, even toned down it's not appropriate. And the thought we might be getting more is sickening. No problem with him on the radio, there is a choice to listen or not.

thats my feelings too, not that I listen to him much as I normally coming back from or heading for a pint

13 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Ian downs is a very decent bloke who was learning a lot last year, good to see the stick he's getting after 1 year into his job 

"Thanks for your feedback Ian. You're a very decent bloke, and learned a lot last year, but after a full year of stick in your job we don't feel that it's going to work out."

23 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

Ian downs is a very decent bloke who was learning a lot last year, good to see the stick he's getting after 1 year into his job 

I'm not saying he's a bad fellow at all, just he's not the majority of City fans cup of tea.

15 minutes ago, Creg said:

"Thanks for your feedback Ian. You're a very decent bloke, and learned a lot last year, but after a full year of stick in your job we don't feel that it's going to work out."

"Thankyou for your reply dick head" couldn't really give two hoots if you think it's going to work, it's Steve and co that pay the wages so it's them that choose who they employ or sack.

4 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

"Thankyou for your reply dick head" couldn't really give two hoots if you think it's going to work, it's Steve and co that pay the wages so it's them that choose who they employ or sack.

Which if we were talking about the Venkys or Vincent Tan we'd be talking about how crap foreign owners are chopping out popular members of long term staff. This cannot be okay and we should voice it. If everyone was like you then we'd all be working in a factory, suffering from cholera with no vote. Change happens when people speak and voice dissent. 

You lot should be ashamed of your selfs with the personal abuse...: slightly bitter by any chance? If it's not Johnson it's tomlin if it's not tomlin it's downsy, you must be such perfect humans - bs20ciderarmy May 8th 17

Yet you are fine calling people *********. 

• Admin
42 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

If I was still "Learning" after being in a job I would be VERY worried about how capable I am for that position !!

Maybe those that employ him and seemingly have given him more of a roll should be the one's looking at themselves today?

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Which if we were talking about the Venkys or Vincent Tan we'd be talking about how crap foreign owners are chopping out popular members of long term staff. This cannot be okay and we should voice it. If everyone was like you then we'd all be working in a factory, suffering from cholera with no vote. Change happens when people speak and voice dissent. 

So I'm assuming you know the full facts why he's been let go before slating every man and their dog 

10 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

:handbags:

Just now, bs20ciderarmy said:

So I'm assuming you know the full facts why he's been let go before slating every man and their dog 

I'm slating Bristol Sport and in my opinion have good reason to do so based on a long list of things I dislike about Bristol Sport. You are correct I don't know why Tim has been sacked, but based on Bristol Sports previous actions, it doesn't take a genius to come to the conclusion of a plastic suit taking his job. 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

So how do you learn a "job" without getting into one for the first time.

Assume you are replying to me - my point was that if you are still "learning" a job AFTER a year there is a problem

Maybe we could cut out the personal abuse people?

The facts are that an employee of almost a decade has been told he is now surplus to requirements, with no good reason given as to why, and also without a proper fit for purpose replacement. Such a shame. 

Just now, bs20ciderarmy said:

And without Bristol sport we wouldn't have a redeveloped stadium and breaking transfer records for continuous years.

1) That isn't true because it is SLs money, not Bristol Sports

2) 5.3 million is way too much for a footballer and isn't a good thing when the cheapest season tickets went up this season.

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

1) That isn't true because it is SLs money, not Bristol Sports

2) 5.3 million is way too much for a footballer and isn't a good thing when the cheapest season tickets went up this season.

Cheapest tickets went up because we're being moved to the south stand. And should pay the same as the rest 

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Cheapest tickets went up because we're being moved to the south stand. And should pay the same as the rest 

So why not charge everyone less? After all we're going to be making much more money from the 24/7 income made by the stadium. How many ST holders would be in the South Stand next season? 5000? Lets take away the 800 movers from the Atyeo who would have paid £50ish less anyway so that's 4200. How many children in the South Stand? 500? £52 for all children so the club wouldn't lose money on them either.

That's 3700 of which there will be U21s, U25s and pensioners, all of which would see a reduction of less than £50 so lets say 3500 full paying adults in the South Stand on average who would get a reduced rate from last season. That's just £185,000 (before we even introduce the tax man) less in the clubs coffers which could be made back by fans having more in their pocket to spend on drink or in the club shop. 

And when you consider we've just spent 5.3 million on a player, that really is peanuts. And I hate to sound like a broken record on this forum but Huddersfield charged £179 for Season Tickets in any part of their ground last season and went up, so to have our cheapest tickets at just under £300 doesn't seem too unreasonable does it?

29 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Yet you are fine calling people *********. 

Got to agree with this, it's like sacking scotty Murray 

Just now, Welcome To The Jungle said:

So why not charge everyone less? After all we're going to be making much more money from the 24/7 income made by the stadium. How many ST holders would be in the South Stand next season? 5000? Lets take away the 800 movers from the Atyeo who would have paid £50ish less anyway so that's 4200. How many children in the South Stand? 500? £52 for all children so the club wouldn't lose money on them either.

That's 3700 of which there will be U21s, U25s and pensioners, all of which would see a reduction of less than £50 so lets say 3500 full paying adults in the South Stand on average who would get a reduced rate from last season. That's just £185,000 (before we even introduce the tax man) less in the clubs coffers which could be made back by fans having more in their pocket to spend on drink or in the club shop. 

And when you consider we've just spent 5.3 million on a payer, that really is peanuts. And I hate to sound like a broken record on this forum but Huddersfield charged £179 for Season Tickets in any part of their ground last season and went up, so to have our cheapest tickets at just under £300 doesn't seem too unreasonable does it?

Don't disagree with you at all on prices. I was just stating a fact. Unfortunately football in all aspects is over priced. And I expect u will pay for you're season ticket next season. 

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Don't disagree with you at all on prices. I was just stating a fact. Unfortunately football in all aspects is over priced. And I expect u will pay for you're season ticket next season. 

I'm not actually. I've found over the last few years that Ashton Gate just doesn't feel the same. Even 14/15 didn't feel as special to me as it should. I'm taking a year out next year to watch some non-league sides like Mangotsfield and Brislington to try and love the game again. But Bristol City is like a drug which is why I'm on here so much so I'll probably be back sooner rather than later, just not next season.

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Maybe we could cut out the personal abuse people?

The facts are that an employee of almost a decade has been told he is now surplus to requirements, with no good reason given as to why, and also without a proper fit for purpose replacement. Such a shame. 

No good reason? Do we know there isn't a replacement?

I'd guess that as they are to be running BCTV maybe they would have invested in some new "talent" and it might be cost effective to combine some roles.

I know if I were doing it, with the new screens at Ashton Gate. I'd make BCTV a "Live from Ashton Gate" matchday programme... Show the same on screens and tannoy as is being beamed online.

Tim says in his tweet that they are "making changes" that could be as good a reason as is needed.

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'm not actually. I've found over the last few years that Ashton Gate just doesn't feel the same. Even 14/15 didn't feel as special to me as it should. I'm taking a year out next year to watch some non-league sides like Mangotsfield and Brislington to try and love the game again. But Bristol City is like a drug which is why I'm on here so much so I'll probably be back sooner rather than later, just not next season.

Fair play. Thats a shame. 

Archived