IGNORED

Tim Shires sacked?

BRISTOL86

oh, for goodness sake. :facepalm: What is wrong with this club? Always thought Tim did a good job…perhaps he wasn't hungry enough and his DNA spelt out NAD. Who knows! 

If the match day speak is replaced by more corporate drivel… :argh::protest::redcard:

I've lost a lot of love for this club as it is… I support the team, though.

:grr:

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I see what you did there... ;)

On a completely separate and totally unrelated point, who do you have to shag down AG to get a job nowadays? Asking for a friend...

Sadly more like "Jobs for boys" @Septic Peg - the summer isn't over yet either :whistle:

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Met Tim many many moons ago whilst he was DJing in Exeter, lovely bloke and has done a fantastic job in the last few years. Imo he should have the top job above Downsy.

Where should I write to register my disgust at the decision?

Social media is always a good place to start. As long as it's not abusive but just negative publicity to the club they won't like it. Maybe our dear friends the Bristol Post might pick it up too, eventually!

Just now, Septic Peg said:

I could have added the word blow somewhere in that sentence but I won't because I'm a lady with class.

I don't think you needed to really, most of us had already worked that one out. #stayclassy

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Social media is always a good place to start. As long as it's not abusive but just negative publicity to the club they won't like it. Maybe our dear friends the Bristol Post might pick it up too, eventually!

I was going to write something on the BCFC Facebook page…under the signing of the new chap. 

I expect GT is on his holibobs? No more Subs Bench…:argh:

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Disgrace. Very good and professional. 

Yet Downsey the most annoying, cringe person we've ever had saying to an 8 year that 'she's just here to look at the players legs' is still here. Should've been sacked after the game after that. 

Unfortunately the man has worked his way in via Bristol Rugby, which he claims to be fanatical about (despite the fact he used to be a regular at the Rec donning his Bath shirt) he is a mercenary who is very much up his own arse. Sadly he seems to be flavour of the month with BS, so expect we'll be stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

11 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

Unfortunately the man has worked his way in via Bristol Rugby, which he claims to be fanatical about (despite the fact he used to be a regular at the Rec donning his Bath shirt) he is a mercenary who is very much up his own arse. Sadly he seems to be flavour of the month with BS, so expect we'll be stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

Rugby have their own announcer 'slick' or something. I might have blanked him out but I don't think Downsy does the rugby even if it is his preferred sport. I really can't understand this decision at all. And as @petehintonsays Downsy should have been sacked on the spot after that comment, never mind the fact he is totally useless at his job.

Is this really the image Bristol City want to put out to the world, unprofessional announcers and childlike training gear? Oh well as long as we chuck in a £5m signing all is ok. If this was the Gas doing this we would be ripping them to shreads. #MakingBristolEmbarrassed. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Disgrace. Very good and professional. 

Yet Downsey the most annoying, cringe person we've ever had saying to an 8 year that 'she's just here to look at the players legs' is still here. Should've been sacked after the game after that. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Rugby have their own announcer 'slick' or something. I might have blanked him out but I don't think Downsy does the rugby even if it is his preferred sport. I really can't understand this decision at all. And as @petehintonsays Downsy should have been sacked on the spot after that comment, never mind the fact he is totally useless at his job.

Is this really the image Bristol City want to put out to the world, unprofessional announcers and childlike training gear? Oh well as long as we chuck in a £5m signing all is ok. If this was the Gas doing this we would be ripping them to shreads. #MakingBristolEmbarrassed. 

Without wanting to turn this thread into a witch hunt against this guy - I find it amazing that he was allowed to get away with making such a remark !!

Just now, bs20ciderarmy said:

Ian downs is a very decent bloke who was learning a lot last year, good to see the stick he's getting after 1 year into his job 

Maybe because he was bloody terrible and is very lucky to still be in a job.

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to turn this thread into a witch hunt against this guy - I find it amazing that he was allowed to get away with making such a remark !!

there is a reason he can get away with that remark Phantom

All hail Steve Lansdown and our Bristol Sport overlords. 

This is what I've been saying. I have no problem as such with Bristol Sport as a cost sharing third party between us and the Rugby. However step by step we're getting less and less Bristol City and more and more Bristol Sport FC by the day. That crappy little vagina logo is on everything. On the outside of the new away kit (the bit people see) there are four Bristol Sport badges and two Bristol City badges. But the list is endless.

The stadium, the tickets, the flags approaching the ground, the bill boards, the radio adverts, etc. All of them are covered in the Bristol Sport logo. The new website even has the logo top left. And now we're seeing more changes. Out go, not the best, but genuine City fans like Dave L and Tim S, and in comes Downsey who knows nothing about football. 

This whole project does not care for the people who make up the club, or often the traditions of the club (like slapping red on last seasons Rugby Kit). We are customers, nothing more and nothing less, in their eyes. Despite the club fobbing it off on Adam Baker, he has other stuff to do and isn't a dedicated Supporters Liaison Officer. Many other clubs have two, we have half (no offence to AB who juggles his responsibilities well)

@AdamB I'd watch my back if I were you, because the knives are out.

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I must admit I did intend taking it up with the club as the time but then forgot until @petehintonmentioned it just now. I'm all for giving praise when praise is due but I'll come down like a ton of bricks when something is wrong, and this is wrong.

Ive nothing personally against Downsy but don't like his style and how he has been used at football, even toned down it's not appropriate. And the thought we might be getting more is sickening. No problem with him on the radio, there is a choice to listen or not.

Archived