IGNORED

Tour De France thread

Lanterne Rouge

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sagan is a beast, that is all.

You got to love the bloke. Always great value in his interviews, always engaging with fans and nothing seems too much trouble. He`s one of the few real characters in modern cycling. Much as I admire Chris F, Quintana and the like I wouldn`t want to go for a pint with them but I reckon a raucous night would be in store with Mr.Sagan!

I have to say, if Cav doesn`t win a stage I`m always rooting for PS to.

12 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

You got to love the bloke. Always great value in his interviews, always engaging with fans and nothing seems too much trouble. He`s one of the few real characters in modern cycling. Much as I admire Chris F, Quintana and the like I wouldn`t want to go for a pint with them but I reckon a raucous night would be in store with Mr.Sagan!

I have to say, if Cav doesn`t win a stage I`m always rooting for PS to.

Always seems the sprinters are the ones with more personality. Living the fast life perhaps, excuse the terrible pun. 

Things could get interesting at sky the longer GT holds the yellow..

16 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Always seems the sprinters are the ones with more personality. Living the fast life perhaps, excuse the terrible pun. 

Things could get interesting at sky the longer GT holds the yellow..

I got the feeling GT isn't going to give it up easily for sure. 

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

A definite nudge but @Tomarse is right, there wasn`t room for Cav to get down that side really. Just hope he`s OK, I`m sure he`ll put it down to the cut and thrust of things.

Cav tried to get thru a gap that was too narrow and got squeezed into the barrier. No-one at fault imv

Just now, MichaelRobartes said:

To be fair Cav went with Demare and everyone crabbed across the road. Clearly not an elbow from Sagan, bad luck for Cav.

Sorry have to disagree there was nobody close enough to Sagan to cause him to close Can down and the elbow looks deliberate to me, he should be in trouble it was naughty IMO.

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

To be fair Cav went with Demare and everyone crabbed across the road. Clearly not an elbow from Sagan, bad luck for Cav.

Eurosport insisting it`s an elbow but I can`t see any more than a nudge myself. Sagan has said he didn`t even know Mark was there but has apologised.

See what the commisaires have to say before we decide.

It doesn`t sound like it is a broken shoulder now either.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

There was plenty of space when Can made the move, but Sagan closed it down and then used his elbow for good measure.

I think that red barrier on the advertising hoarding didn't help either.  He might have just stayed up right otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Sorry have to disagree there was nobody close enough to Sagan to cause him to close Can down and the elbow looks deliberate to me, he should be in trouble it was naughty IMO.

You're more knowledgeable than me Es to be fair. I couldn't really tell what happened with Griepel and Bouhanni but it seemed to me that everyone moved across as Cav took Demare's wheel. I thought there was definitely space when he did so but it certainly disappeared very quickly.

36 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

30 second penalty to Sagan. 

Then he is very lucky indeed, it could and should have been more, has he been stripped of his green jersey points for a 2nd finish as well?.

The way I saw was Cav got it tactically spot on and followed the right wheel, when Demare followed by Cav made their move Sagan was pretty much in the middle of the course and there was plenty of room, little by little drifted more and more over to his right closing Cav down, that's sort of OK but as Cav quite rightly asked why the elbow?.

I think for whatever reason Sagan was pissed off with something or somebody and the red mist descended and the elbow certainly looks deliberate to me, I don't think he knew it was Cav but I don't think by the time it happened that he cared who it was.

I love Sagan and if Cav doesn't win then Sagan is my next favourite, but he needs to man up and admit his guilt IMHO.

I am also saddened by the arse kissing by the ITV4 summary team of Boardman and Miller, their explanation was IMO nonsense and is all to normal these days of upsetting of sports gravy trains by calling it as it is, sit on the fence and try to offend nobody allows the guilty to live to cheat another day.

Archived