IGNORED

Tour De France thread

Lanterne Rouge

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Indeed.

Thats the most severe punishment of all. I'm sure Sagan would have preferred a massive fine.

Knowing Cav he wouldn't have approved of a DNQ either 

Best evidence so far, Sagan and people defending are just plain wrong.

1). More than enough room for Cav.

2). Sagan was not forced over by anybody and had travelled from the centre of the course.

3). Sagan claims he was defending his line, yeah right.

4). The elbow was deliberate.

Disqualification is entirely the correct decision.

Sagan lost his cool and struck out, sad but true.

_96802457_c60e9454-aefa-486e-bb97-7f9888319499.jpg

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

2). Sagan was not forced over by anybody and had travelled from the centre of the course.

Got to admit Es that photo is pretty damning and if it`s the one the commissaires used I`m not surprised they`ve acted as they have.

Such a shame he was so stupid. Another rider that`s normally a joy to watch out of the race and it`s entirely his own fault.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The more angles/times you watch it the more you tend to agree with the judgement. Its a real shame as I love Sagan almost as much as Cav.  I hope Cav isn't out as well but he's gone 80km to another hospital to have it all checked over.

16 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

The more angles/times you watch it the more you tend to agree with the judgement. Its a real shame as I love Sagan almost as much as Cav.  I hope Cav isn't out as well but he's gone 80km to another hospital to have it all checked over.

Latest from him about an hour ago was `I don`t know what the damage is but it doesn`t look too good`. It`s the same shoulder he ****** in Harrogate so I`m not too hopeful.

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Leaving the circumstances out of it for a moment, losing Cav and Sagan makes it a bad enough day for the Tour.

Especially given the amount of flat stages this year. 

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Leaving the circumstances out of it for a moment, losing Cav and Sagan makes it a bad enough day for the Tour.

Sadly Sagan was the master of his own destiny, yes he will be missed but the decision was entirely correct, he was bang out of order and has unnecessarily caused a serious injury to a fellow professional and almost certainly because his temper got the better of him.

Just ruins the race for everyone, spectators and competitors alike when you have to cheat to try to win. That's the importance placed on many sports now. As if cycling hasn't had enough scandal. How the hell in this technological age did he think it wouldn't be spotted and he would get away with it. Madness, especially so early in the Tour. 

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:53, BigTone said:

At home in France at the mo and it is on the TV.  I must say it makes even the adverts look interesting

WHAT??? .... who's feeding your seagulls ?  ....  you monster!  :phone:

'' Hello, hello, RSPB ? .. I want to report a case of cruelty and animal abandonment....

this bloke I know has f * * *ed off to France and left a family of seagulls to fend for themselves.... wot you gonna do about it? they must be starving! "

People like you shouldn't be allowed to have pets! :) 

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:19, BigTone said:

Es, why is it the French are so generous ? I have been given enough bags of veg to feed an army plus half a dozen bottles of homemade hooch to keep the colds and flu at bay. I just love the place and the people.

And I was not completely honest about my €1.70 bottle of champers ...................... I actually bought 2 !!

Perhaps because they respect you, and know who you really are.... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DO-nDW43Ik

:cool2:

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Terrific ride from Aru and the bonus of Chris into yellow 12 seconds ahead of Big G and 14 ahead of Aru in third.

CF is already best part of a minute ahead of Quintana and Contador.

Blistering heat too, that last climb was absolutely savage.  Team Sky almost train like in setting Froome to go out on the attack at the end.  I guess with less climbs this year we might see this happen quite a bit. 

• Admin
7 hours ago, RedM said:

Just ruins the race for everyone, spectators and competitors alike when you have to cheat to try to win. That's the importance placed on many sports now. As if cycling hasn't had enough scandal. How the hell in this technological age did he think it wouldn't be spotted and he would get away with it. Madness, especially so early in the Tour. 

Doubt if it was calculated, or he even considered the consequences, when the red mist descends, whether that be in a sporting arena, fight in a pub, road rage or whatever, there is no real thought or consideration for cameras or consequences - that's more in the realm of planned and deliberate acts.

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

WHAT??? .... who's feeding your seagulls ?  ....  you monster!  :phone:

'' Hello, hello, RSPB ? .. I want to report a case of cruelty and animal abandonment....

this bloke I know has f * * *ed off to France and left a family of seagulls to fend for themselves.... wot you gonna do about it? they must be starving! "

People like you shouldn't be allowed to have pets! :) 

The Seagulls are the size of bloody Emu's and feed me now !!

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Fractured collarbone and hip for Porte 

Very lucky to get away that lightly - the crash looks worse every time you see it.

It was such a relief to see him talking to the paramedics and fair play to them, they didn`t mess about and knew exactly what they were doing from what I could see of it.

To be honest, when you see some of those motorbike forward shots on a descent like that it makes you feel queasy just watching it!

Some nice tweets wishing him and Big G speedy recoveries from other riders including Chris.

Archived