IGNORED

Ditch Bristol Sport

Dynamite Red

I guess time will tell.  

If we (the football club) ever do achieve more than Championship mediocre then it will be judged worthwhile.  If we go into decline then who knows?  

Notice I set the criteria of its success on the achievements of the football team on the pitch. That is because I am a football supporter and do not give two hoots about the rest of it, other than a passing interest in Bristol Rugby.  

I don't object to pulling all the sports under one roof for the sake of cost saving overheads.  What I don't appreciate is the visibility of a new brand competing with that of BCFC.  

I would have kept it simple but I am a football purist not a cooperate bigwig.  

I suspect once all's said and done, it won't make much difference to our chances of success on the pitch but that will be impossible to test.  

In sum, I don't like it.

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

People don't like change and that's the only reason,

It's not that, Monkeh although with it coinciding with the AG rebuild it's not helped.  The cooperate 'feel' is at large now at AG an I don't like that.

No, the real reason is why could we not remain like the other 91 clubs and not be moved under a seperate brand?  If City are prepelled forward, other clubs model themselves on the same and we prove to be pioneers then fair play.  Somehow, I can not see that happening.  There has been no evidence of it so far.

I'm fine with Bristol Sport. Bristol City is the football team and will always be good with that. 

The revenue the stadium now brings in is massive to underpin all the clubs under the umbrella however as far as I am aware there is nothing else like FFP that applies to other sports which is a massive help  

As far as I can tell we BCFC have moved on massively and so has the area since SL had his Bristol Sport epiphany. Just a promotion away from the promised land for the second time in this old mans life and I see no good reason to change that  

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

People don't like change and that's the only reason,

Where do BS get there money from besides SL ? what exactly goes where? i.e who gets gate receipts for example, how much do we, compared to Bristol Rugby pay in; What are bcfc`s costs now compared before BS?

There is much we as mere fans don't know apart from SL likes LJ and has deep pockets. You say people don't like change, that's true but we are told only on a need to know baisis.

We are now part of something else, something we were taken into and something most know nothing about.

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I'm fine with Bristol Sport. Bristol City is the football team and will always be good with that. 

The revenue the stadium now brings in is massive to underpin all the clubs under the umbrella however as far as I am aware there is nothing else like FFP that applies to other sports which is a massive help  

As far as I can tell we BCFC have moved on massively and so has the area since SL had his Bristol Sport epiphany. Just a promotion away from the promised land for the second time in this old mans life and I see no good reason to change that  

The revenue in also has large costs to cover, we are now in a larger queue at the SL TABLE.

This post wasn't a dig at Bristol sport more that if moving forward as a sporting brand it would be more marketable and prominent if the teams all played in one moniker e.g.

Bristol City Football Club, Bristol City Rugby Club, Bristol City Flyers, Bristol City Women's Football, Bristol City Ladies Rugby, Bristol City Jets and Bristol City Racing.

So when one team has success the whole brand gets recognition. Is that not the Barcelona model as a sporting club.  Just food for thought to liven a dull Saturday.

38 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We currently are at the ultimate low. L1 is total madness. Things can only change to the better.

Yeah, we are at the ultimate low, bl00dy Bristol Sport.

Why can't we have some money to spend on players too, we haven't smashed our transfer records for days now. :dunno: 

3 hours ago, screech said:

I still haven't got a clue why people get so hung up about Bristol Sport, if somebody asks who I support I say Bristol City, I don't add they are under the umbrella of Bristol Sport.

If it makes Steve Lansdown feel better and it's a talking point when he's entertaining people in the corporate world good luck to him, it never enters my head at anytime though. I 100% couldn't care less about it. I'm not being flippant but how does it get in the way of supporting your football club? We are in the same staium, are called the same, wear the same colour shirts but for paper purposes have a brand that 99% of the football world would know nothing about.

Bristol Sport do interfere with how fan support their club, they decide what its identity is to a degree where like idiots they, ban flags, push back progress fans had made, and have also interfered in elements of the FC like the Community trust (since Amy Knighton left)  and lessened its prescience in the community leading to the Community trust themselves being heavily criticised by junior football clubs (and charities) in South Bristol. Bristol Sport have damaged the great work the Community trust do/and did.

Bristol Sport is unnecessary in its form. It could simply be a backroom operation offering services and part of the small print at the bottom of the match day programme in appearnace.

35 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Who will give a toss about us having some success under the Bristol Sport umbrella?

What is the difference ?  Are you having a few beers in the Friends Arena ?

Come on Tommy I love you to bits but you are off on a tangent with this.

1 minute ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I can't see the football benefit from the Bristol Sport project. We are the biggest sport limiting the lost of money. Cost sharing apart - in what way are we benefitting from Bristol Sport? When does the basketball, motorracing or rugby money spill over to the football club?

It doesn't and that is the point. There is no difference with us being under Bristol Sport.

Just now, bristolcitysweden said:

The problem is that the basketball, the rugby, the motorsports etc. will benefit on our behalf

Why is that a problem? Are you that selfish? Some people like other sports. Sport in general is good. 

3 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The problem is that the basketball, the rugby, the motorsports etc. will benefit on our behalf

And? As Shtanley has said, sport is a good thing and a positive force. If SL is in a position to support a sport which is underfunded why shouldn`t he?

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

That is the general misconception Thomas old mate. We don't finance the other sports in any shape or form. Did we just buy Famara Whathisname to play bowls with Robbored ?

Archived