IGNORED

Ditch Bristol Sport

Dynamite Red

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

We don't "host" Bristol. We share the ground with them. It's now as much their's as it is our's. 

This isn't true.  The stadium is wholly owned by Bristol City Holdings limited.  The Rugby club is owned separately.  If there are ever any moves to change this they should be resisted fully.

20 minutes ago, Nibor said:

This isn't true.  The stadium is wholly owned by Bristol City Holdings limited.  The Rugby club is owned separately.  If there are ever any moves to change this they should be resisted fully.

Who owns BC Holdings Ltd?

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Who owns BC Holdings Ltd?

Pula Sport Limited have the majority, there are over a thousand other shareholders.

Just because one entity owns two businesses does not mean their individual assets are shared.  The stadium co is wholly owned by Bristol City Holdings and no shares in it have ever been traded.

If SL seeks to separate the stadium out of the holding company for the football club that should be a massive concern, tacit acceptance would be potentially catastrophic.

I'm all for cost sharing, but there is no reason for Bristol Sport to be a brand in its own right. What is the point? You have Bristol City and Bristol Rugby. Two brands with in excess of 200 years combined history and support. Why dilute them? 

In addition since the inception of Bristol Sport, season tickets for both clubs have increased in price, match day prices have increased, atmospheres have got worse and Bristol Sport have shown a disregard for Bristol Rugby's history by covering their kit in red. 

I've not seen any good reason for the excessive emphasis of Bristol Sport over BCFC and Bristol Rugby. It cheapens both clubs. This is nothing short of the Steve Lansdown vanity parade. All aboard!

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:31, WTFiGO!?! said:

Monkeh, it's twice you've used the point about hating change now.  It will grate with people who hate change as, by definition, any single change does, by that criteria.

I don't necessarily mind change, getting to the Championship play off Final in 2008 for the one and only time was change - I didn't hate that.  I had a pay rise that year too which changed my income, that was fine.

Bristol Sport grate not because of the change, and to lower its level of visibility so that a fairly boring, cost cutting organisation is not glamourised off the back of the football club would be a change I'd very much welcome.  

It is a vanity project which places its own importance above the very things it is claiming to be aiding and that's what grates.

He won't answer. Probably can't. Doesn't know how. Because people are not saying change is bad but change does not have to be crap, and dull and mundane. And that takes imagination. Change can be something else as well. Friendly, inclusive, about something else other than this weird corporate guff that appeared out of nowhere and is now teabagging Bristo City FC and its fans. 

Archived