IGNORED

The official Bath City FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Good morning all.

Well once again, this is a short post as we all know about Bath City, whom dwell just up the road at Twerton Park (another stadium Rovers decided to take residence in for a while...)

As with Sunday at BMF, expect lots of City to make the journey along the A4 but make sure you take your brollies!

New signing Famara Diedhiou and skinny git Lee Tomlin expected to have run outs tonight. Also can imagine Wilbs have a few minutes too.

Also, will tonight be the first time seeing us play in our new red kit? It's possible folks!

I'm thinking 2-5 with Famara, Hinds and Diego on the score sheet!

Come on you reds!

Are we reading into O'Leary being there Lucic not being there? Also, this Freddie Hinds seems to have made his way into a lot of tweets over the past 2 games. Any chance he's being considered for the first team or is he benefitting from all the strikers being out? 

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Are we reading into O'Leary being there Lucic not being there? Also, this Freddie Hinds seems to have made his way into a lot of tweets over the past 2 games. Any chance he's being considered for the first team or is he benefitting from all the strikers being out? 

Not reading to much into Max being in the squad. He was a huge success on loan their last season so will probably get some minutes tonight. As for Hinds I think it is like you say just lack of striking options. I would imagine McCoulsky has a slight knock as again Bath fans loved him last season and would have liked to have seen him again.

15 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Honestly no idea, you'd presume injured by the fact Morrell is involved and Dowling is definitely ahead of him. 

A little surprised Morrell is ahead of him in the pecking order, Dows played bits at the end of the season before last and I thought he might kick on, granted it would've been tough when we was on our run.  Might be a loan move next .  I believe the lad was a wanted man earlier in his career but stayed loyal . 

9 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Suprised we have no strikers in the squad unless you count Tommo as one

Hinds is a striker. De Girolamo similar to Tomlin and Paterson and O'Dowda got quite a few minutes as a striker last year. Plenty of options for a friendly 

Just hope City continue to play with the freedom and fluidity that has brought us the two magnificent victories so far in pre-season.

The longer this winning run goes on, the more pressure is on the players.

Don't forget Bath are a well organised and well managed outfit. They are also in good form, are at home, and have loyal support.

Victory will not be easy.

tfj

34 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Great spot Ross!

http://www.bathcityinternetradio.co.uk/contact 

Coverage begins at 7.30.

Also available on Mixlr app (available on Google Play so expect it's available on App Store too.)

22 man squad named:

City squad: Fielding, O’Leary, Pisano, Hegeler, Flint, Vyner, Moore, Kelly, Magnusson, Golbourne, Bryan, Smith, Pack, O'Dowda, Morrell, Brownhill, Paterson, Andrews, De Girolamo, Hinds, Reid, Tomlin.

POTD is available. Prices in pre-season thread pinned at the top of the page.

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Hinds is a striker. De Girolamo similar to Tomlin and Paterson and O'Dowda got quite a few minutes as a striker last year. Plenty of options for a friendly 

Thought Hind was a CAM similar to Reid, De Girolamo I always recalled as a winger and Paterson and O'Dowda didn't know they could play there.

2 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Thought Hind was a CAM similar to Reid, De Girolamo I always recalled as a winger and Paterson and O'Dowda didn't know they could play there.

Hinds is a striker for sure. De Girolamo is more a like Reid Tomlin and Paterson who's best position is probably just off a lone striker. O'Dowda got thrown up front a bit at the end of games. Hinds is probably the only out and out striker though. 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Freddie Hinds seems to have made his way into a lot of tweets over the past 2 games. Any chance he's being considered for the first team or is he benefitting from all the strikers being out? 

Hopefully an exciting prospect and new star in the making, we'll soon find out in Hind-sight if its a good move and he's ready or not. :) 

Archived