IGNORED

The official Bath City FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Wow, check out all this rain (remember that?) ..... can't imagine Bath City have a state of the art pitch so the fans and players may be treated to a good old fashioned style English football match tonight... floodlights, rain, standing in a downpour, and MUD (remember that?) .... Hope LJ remembers to tell our players not to panic if their knees go green and brown, no need to call for the physio lads, its just wet grass and mud, it'll wash off.   If you grow half an inch taller during the game - dont worry, that's just muddy boots (remember them?) .....

Slip slidin' away,

slip slidin' away,

You know the nearer your destination

the more you're slip slidin' away  (Paul Simon lyrics - remember them?)

Hope everyone has fun in the Bath mud bath :) 

Hard to tell from the Manor Farm massacre but Hinds looks quick and eager. Shawn just couldn't get into the game and was visibly frustrated. De G played up front with him, behind him in fact, and did much more ball winning and tracking than Shawn - as well as scoring more convincingly. Interesting see see where Hegeler plays, he was CD at Manor Farm and strolled it - proving nothing either way.

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Are we reading into O'Leary being there Lucic not being there? Also, this Freddie Hinds seems to have made his way into a lot of tweets over the past 2 games. Any chance he's being considered for the first team or is he benefitting from all the strikers being out? 

Hinds played well against Farm.

I dont see the youth sides so not sure how much he impressed last season (signed in Jan I think) but could be he has kicked on a lot over the last few months.

Will say that despite having little knowledge of youth football, he was someone I had heard of before we signed him.

Premiership ref: Kevin Friend  in charge of this one, that's a surprise...

All we had to do was name the match after him (FRIENDly) and wintertime, SUMMER or fall all we had to do was call and he came running yes he did .. We've got a Friend!

Aint it good to know that we've got a Friend?              

(James Taylor)

Talking of reading things into something that maybe nothing. On Snapchat it looks like Bobby is wearing number 10 whilst the likes of Magnusson and Brownhill etc are wearing their squad numbers from last year.

Why then is Tomlin not wearing his squad number ?

edit - may be wrong !! Had another look on this small screen and it might be Smith and might not be 10 !! What number was he last year ??

Apologies for lack of copying tweets as assumed most would be listening to the comms on Bath City Radio...

Here's the teamsheet though (Beanhead admits it's incorrect - line up is correct in previous tweet)

Max playing for Bath and City!

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Apologies for lack of copying tweets as assumed most would be listening to the comms on Bath City Radio...

Here's the teamsheet though (Beanhead admits it's incorrect - line up is correct in previous tweet)

Max playing for Bath and City!

Toby Ajala though...

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Switched it off ages ago.

BCFC twitter isn't worth looking at either.

Give this one a total miss methinks.

You can now hear the Bath stream with both the commentators speaking and the volume remaining level.

I think I preferred it before.

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Gas 1-0 up at W-S-M. 

I guess they are raising their game, playing at such a relatively inspiring venue. 

If the players impress they are hoping to get a transfer to the bloke with the concession on the beach, some of them reckon they can make the step up to play alongside 'Hercules', 'Princess and 'Dobin'.

#donkey

Archived