IGNORED

The official Bath City FC v Bristol City FC pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, Loco Rojo said:

Sorry if someone's explained already. Why is Max playing in goal for Bath?

(even more sorry if I've missed a whoosh moment)

I guess we can give 3 players some match practice unless he's potentially going back there on loan? He would get a better work out playing for them tonight than he would playing for us after all.

17 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Sorry if someone's explained already. Why is Max playing in goal for Bath?

(even more sorry if I've missed a whoosh moment)

Because of the rain, macs were needed tonight. 

11 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Did Tomlin get a run out ?

32 minutes ago, italian dave said:

More than enough to warrant speculation about Tomlin's future at the club...

Seems the manager may now be over-ruling Jimmy the psychic octopus on team selection this season...

20170711_071027.jpg

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Talking of reading things into something that maybe nothing. On Snapchat it looks like Bobby is wearing number 10 whilst the likes of Magnusson and Brownhill etc are wearing their squad numbers from last year.

Why then is Tomlin not wearing his squad number ?

edit - may be wrong !! Had another look on this small screen and it might be Smith and might not be 10 !! What number was he last year ??

Hinds was 10 against Manor Farm.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Hinds was 10 against Manor Farm.

Thanks - somebody who can answer a question without a sarcastic answer.

So for anybody who went - was Tomlin there or was he withdrawn and replaced by somebody as I believe 22 players played but not Tomlin?

I was there tonight. First half was pedestrian, Reid was probably the pick of our lot in what was a poor performance.

Pisano was the only new player on show, he looked very average. Hoping he was just rusty in pre season but his touch looked heavy and there were several occasions where he lost the ball needlessly. Lots of room for improvement there. 

Second half we were much better for a spell until all the subs came on. For 20 minutes or so we knocked the ball around at pace and finally looked the side who were several leagues above. O'Dowda was lively on the left, Patterson woke up after the pen and Bryan took his goal well. 

Overall it was a decent workout, but it was mostly typical preseason stuff. 

29 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

But do you smoke your legendary lucky fags in an ivory cigarette holder?

Yes. I roll them on the thigh of my pet dodo, with the gum of my Rizla made entirely of Swan splean. 

Liz doesn't mind about the swans, she reckons the sacrifice is worth it.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Thanks - somebody who can answer a question without a sarcastic answer.

So for anybody who went - was Tomlin there or was he withdrawn and replaced by somebody as I believe 22 players played but not Tomlin?

30 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I was there tonight. First half was pedestrian, Reid was probably the pick of our lot in what was a poor performance.

Pisano was the only new player on show, he looked very average. Hoping he was just rusty in pre season but his touch looked heavy and there were several occasions where he lost the ball needlessly. Lots of room for improvement there. 

Second half we were much better for a spell until all the subs came on. For 20 minutes or so we knocked the ball around at pace and finally looked the side who were several leagues above. O'Dowda was lively on the left, Patterson woke up after the pen and Bryan took his goal well. 

No Tomlin tonight. I agree with Jacki, we did play much better second half, Moore looked good at right back, had a much better game than Pisano.

8 hours ago, Jacki said:

Good summary of a rather uneventful night.  We were very congested in the first half and didn't create much space at all, and Bath had us pinned back for quite a while around the half hour match without really threatening us.  Bobby Reid stood out for me, with Bryan having some good moments too.  O'Dowda looked very lively when he came on, but no one else stood out.  Pisano looked strong and made some good runs in the first half - I thought his performance was promising.  Hegeler played central defence and continues to unnerve me - he gives me little confidence and looks very brittle.  Freddie Hinds looks as though he might be worth persevering with, but I'd like to see him playing off a big striker.  As to the many second half subs, it was the first time I've seen Johnny Smith in action and I was quite impressed.  He is certainly very fast indeed.

Hard to take anything else from this.  Weather was absolutely atrocious and the Twerton Park seats continue to rank as among the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just watched the highlights and I don't think LJ will be too impressed by the way Magnusson was muscled off the ball by a non-league striker. 

It happened most of the first half, he really needs to toughen up. Personally think Hegeler also played well as did Pisano. Funny how others saw things differently but I saw a very composed 2 with them.

42 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

It happened most of the first half, he really needs to toughen up. Personally think Hegeler also played well as did Pisano. Funny how others saw things differently but I saw a very composed 2 with them.

You're right, it is funny how we all see things differently, it's the beauty of the game I guess.

I thought Hegeler did ok. I like him as a player but it does amaze me how few headers he wins for a bloke of his height. 

I was disappointed with Pisano but it's way too early to judge him. He looked rusty to me, which is understandable at this time of year. Hopefully that's all it was and he'll prove to be a good signing for us. 

Archived