IGNORED

Tomlin to Cardiff - CONFIRMED

Ian M

6 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I think Patterson has still to prove himself, and wouldn't surprise me if he went the same way  as Tomlin. Don't get me wrong looked good at the end of the season but just have a feeling he will drift in and out of the team. I hope not just a hunch. He was used sparingly till the last few games. He came on and helped get the winner against Rotherham and then we didn't see him for a few weeks. 

But the expectation of Paterson was far less than Tomlin. Paterson played a big part in securing our safety. He stepped up . Tomlin for whatever reasons didn't. We only speculate at what happens. Obviously we can work out he didn't get on with Johnson. (Speculation) on my part . It's a shame it didn't work out . But we move on . As MA said Sunday. Watch this space 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I'm a big advocate of giving players time - and Bobby as a smaller guy, it's understandable to give him time to grow into his man's body before we make a final decision on him.

For me though, and for his own career, this season he has to force his way into the side as a regular starter - now or never. If he's still a fringe player by next May I think we've got to get rid.

He's skillful but it's his consistency I worry about. Thing is though, several managers who watch him day in and day out and are far more knowledgable than I have kept him on the scene. He must have something.. hope we see it this season.

Anyone else see Brownhill in this role ?

23 minutes ago, LD83 said:

It just further supports what I was told yesterday evening and why he was left out of the squad at Bath, despite a previous indication that he would be. 

Also - not convinced the fee is anywhere near £2m upfront and majority relates to add-on's on appearances and bonuses. Was a suggestion of a loan-deal mooted at one point.

Fair enough then if you had heard of it before the link had started it could be possible. 

Loan deal is interesting? The details would surely have to be centred around us not paying any of his wages as that seems to be the real issue for us. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That would be my choice from our current squad. I'm probably as big a Brownhill fan as @Shtanley is a Reid fan, rate him very highly.

He's a fair bit younger (in football terms) and I feel is a superior player already with a higher ceiling. 

Brownhill will play in the Premier League - IMO.

This disappoints me a lot. 

Arguably our most exciting signing ever is seemingly being shipped out. People have bad patches of form, but you give them chance to re-find it, not get rid of them at the first chance. 

Truth is we haven't had the best of LT and now he's off. That makes me disappointed. And it's clear it's because he and LJ didn't get on.

What makes me more disappointed is that people are seriously considering Bobby Reid as a viable alternative. Jesus wept. 

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That would be my choice from our current squad. I'm probably as big a Brownhill fan as @Shtanley is a Reid fan, rate him very highly.

He's a fair bit younger (in football terms) and I feel is a superior player already with a higher ceiling. 

I rate Brownhill too but not sure he'd be good in the 10. Rather have him playing in the middle third.

8 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Brownhill will play in the Premier League - IMO.

Yep, agree. Classy player. You aren't in United's academy if you haven't got genuine talent. I predict at the very least he'll be a mid-tier Premier League midfielder within 3 years.

If not with us, with the likes of Swansea, Burnley or Huddersfield.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Arguably our most exciting signing ever is seemingly being shipped out. People have bad patches of form, but you give them chance to re-find it, not get rid of them at the first chance. 

Truth is we haven't had the best of LT and now he's off. That makes me disappointed. And it's clear it's because he and LJ didn't get on.

What makes me more disappointed is that people are seriously considering Bobby Reid as a viable alternative. Jesus wept. 

There is a reason he has had so many clubs.

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

It might be natural to assume that, but Colin is the only person to get anything more than a very occasional flash out of a similar player in Adel Taarabt.

Some players do actually respond to the old school shouty and aggressive style of management. Maybe LT is that type of character.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

There's no hard evidence that this rumour of a move to Cardiff is real (yet) & to say that he wasn't given the opportunity to re-find his form is a little peculiar, he had numerous games last season to find that form & I'd say LJ knew what he was dealing with, with regards to LT's personality & in numerous interviews he alluded to LT's personality & how he needed to be 'managed' & maybe LJ has given LT more than enough opportunities?

You have to be aware as to what influence LT has on the rest of the squad & if LJ is constantly giving LT opportunities & the rest of the squad don't feel like they are getting similar opportunities, it could friction amongst others.

LT may of gone from being a positive influence on the squad to a negative influence? There are so many facets to managing someone as 'needy' as LT & there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough! LJ has 20+ people to manage & can't constantly be dealing with 1 more than the others without it eventually causing an issue.

I'm not saying this is the case but it could very possibly be something along these lines. 

1 minute ago, Tipps69 said:

There's no hard evidence that this rumour of a move to Cardiff is real (yet) & to say that he wasn't given the opportunity to re-find his form is a little peculiar, he had numerous games last season to find that form & I'd say LJ knew what he was dealing with, with regards to LT's personality & in numerous interviews he alluded to LT's personality & how he needed to be 'managed' & maybe LJ has given LT more than enough opportunities?

You have to be aware as to what influence LT has on the rest of the squad & if LJ is constantly giving LT opportunities & the rest of the squad don't feel like they are getting similar opportunities, it could friction amongst others.

LT may of gone from being a positive influence on the squad to a negative influence? There are so many facets to managing someone as 'needy' as LT & there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough! LJ has 20+ people to manage & can't constantly be dealing with 1 more than the others without it eventually causing an issue.

I'm not saying this is the case but it could very possibly be something along these lines. 

You may have already said this but if your Sakho rumour is true, the LT money might be paying for him.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

There's no hard evidence that this rumour of a move to Cardiff is real (yet)

Other than Lee posting a picture of him driving across the Severn Bridge on his snapchat after rumours of him having a medical in Wales today surfaced you mean?

1 minute ago, Rocky said:

You may have already said this but if your Sakho rumour is true, the LT money might be paying for him.

Sakho? Dicko?

Yeah, I have alluded to that, especially if we can get all of LT's wages off the budget (which I doubt).

It would make good economic sense if this is the case.

Just now, Ian M said:

Other than Lee posting a picture of him driving across the Severn Bridge on his snapchat after rumours of him having a medical in Wales today surfaced you mean?

As someone who doesn't do social media, I wouldn't know what LT is posting on his many social media outlets.

Is there a time of day on this picture?

Archived