IGNORED

Season ticket came today - couldn't help but laugh at the letter that came with it (Merged)

Die Hard Red

On 21/07/2017 at 14:22, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I sort of just wish they'd post the season ticket as well as telling me what I am entitled to and leave out the lines about pretending we had a great season/are on the up etc

bcfc.jpg

• Progress is evident

....finished 17th but would've been lower had we not pulled our finger out at the end of the season

• A roller coaster unlike any other season I can remember

....Losing 5-0 to Preston was quite the roller coaster

• Highest average attendances since the 70's is proof you share out belief in what we are trying to build

....We have a bigger stadium and can fit more people into it, not really looking into what's being built more just filling the seats as well as more neutrals watching the Villa/Newcastle games etc

'Progress is evident. Unity is strength and bullshit baffles brains. Go back to your Council dwellings proles and prepare for promotion! In 2026. Small steps. Yours humbly,  Chairman Now (aka Mark Ashton)'

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

'Progress is evident. Unity is strength and bullshit baffles brains. Go back to your Council dwellings proles and prepare for promotion! In 2026. Small steps. Yours humbly,  Chairman Now (aka Mark Ashton)'

It's sad really, isn't it? 

I'm no longer sure what the balance is between us becoming more bitter and cynical and the authorities becoming increasingly shameless and slimy ****'s.  

I suspect, however, that it is directly proportional. 

3 hours ago, Hellfire Corner said:

Note to Mark Ashton - its "fewer goals conceded" not "less goals conceded"  - and the club has put this man in charge!!!!!!!

I think Ashton did it on purpose, like Tomlin with that penalty. Clearly disunity in the background, he wants to leave/get Johnson out etc etc

Outside of the usual doom and gloom, I can see things from Mark Ashton's perspective. The club took a risk by building a young and inexperienced squad on the assumption that the players had the quality, and the coach was able to get that quality out of them. In theory, the experience from last season should help them push on for this season.

The problem with this approach is that it overly simplifies the coaching process, and makes it impersonal, something Lee Johnson has been accused of in the past through rumours. Teams need a balance of youth and experience, and that experience needs to be good enough to guide the youngsters towards achieving their potential, both in attitude and in ability. Tammy was a great example of this in how he attributed Wilbrahim in aiding his development here.

As much as I'd like to see our young players do well, if you spend several years fighting relegation you're not going to improve as a player. If you're a young player learning from an older player that has spent his time fighting relegation, I doubt they'll be able to pass on any wisdom to help you improve.

Glad to hear it's not just me who hasn't received their ticket yet. When I last phoned they said they were all posted last week so I'll be phoning again if not received by Friday, slow as the postal system is it doesn't take a week for something to arrive. I paid for my ticket months ago (March/April), why do they have to leave it until the last few days to get them out? 

4 minutes ago, Judda said:

My kids received their new cards in the post the other day but mine still hasn't arrived... has this happened to anyone else? Or do I continue to use my old one? If so why did they get new and not me?

Please enlighten me!

Mine hasn't arrived either but IIke you I'm not sure if I can use last seasons card.

I can't remember what happened with SCs this time last year.

Would this be a question MKelly could answer?

24 minutes ago, Judda said:

My kids received their new cards in the post the other day but mine still hasn't arrived... has this happened to anyone else? Or do I continue to use my old one? If so why did they get new and not me?

Please enlighten me!

Depends are your circumstances.On the email conformation of my renewal it says the following...

Q. When will I receive my Season Card?

A. Current season cards will be reloaded if you have not moved seat or changed your price type.
If you move seats or change price types then you will be posted a new Season Card prior to the 2017/18 season.

So I'm not expecting to receive a new card, but will be taking a copy of the email just in case!!

Archived