IGNORED

"I know it's gonna happen someday..."

LondonBristolian

but when will the next signing be announced? Place your bets here. Winner wins half a cornish pasty from a bin near a Greggs of their choice and whatever loose change currently resides in my back trouser pocket.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say I think two names will be announced before the start of the season, the first on Friday and the second the Thursday before it all kicks off...

Whilst it is frustrating. I would rather they take their time . Keep under the radar. And hopefully get the quality players there after . Not easy getting good players to Bristol city when bigger clubs are sniffing around. Apparently FD turned down bigger offers to sign for us . I expect we're hoping the same from other players 

15 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

but when will the next signing be announced?

Being mean; We wait until Rovers announce "We are about to sign XXXX". City then step in, make a better offer and steal the player from under their noses. A week later, we pass him on to some other L1 club in time for him to play against Rovers in the coming season.

That's an underhand & spiteful idea though and I wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing.

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hope that our next couple of acquisitions are British personally

:fingerscrossed:

Do they need to be white..? Or will just English speaking surfice..?

I've heard concerning rumours that they have employed females to work on the south stand concession outlets, although, thankfully, they were selected over the ginger applicants. 

48 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hope that our next couple of acquisitions are British personally

:fingerscrossed:

Personally I just hope they will be good! I think being able to communicate with the squad is important but you look at the value for money (or lack of) in the market for British players at the moment and it is easy to see why clubs shop abroad. To put it as simply as possible, Diedhiou only needs to be a third as good as Assombalonga in order to represent better value for money. I just don't think we can sign quality British players at an affordable price and compete...

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I've heard concerning rumours that they have employed females to work on the south stand concession outlets, although, thankfully, they were selected over the ginger applicants. 

Yeah, because he clearly means he want's all foreign players to leave the club.

Why even come out with this shit.

1 minute ago, EnderMB said:

I think we'll have to wait to see if Flint is going before another signing is announced. I assume the club has a player in their sights, but won't opt to replace Flint if he decides to stay.

would we need to bring in a replacement for Flint if he goes? We're being told Hegeler is now a CB, we already have Mags and Wright, surely they would go up the pecking order and we'd have youngsters in reserve? I'd rather we looked to spend wedge on some decent wide-men who can deliver a ball to feed out abundance of target men (Fam, Đurić, Wilbraham)

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Congratulations jumping in trying to make it some sort of xenophobic issue , when you're a million miles of the mark

:clap:

What a clown

Its quite simple - have heard a couple of managers recently discussing the issues with recruiting from abroad , as regards settling , and particularly coping with a 46 game tough , week in week out Championship

But never mind - you try and stir it into something completely different, or worse than stir create a non existent issue

Your post says a lot more about you than me

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Personally I just hope they will be good! I think being able to communicate with the squad is important but you look at the value for money (or lack of) in the market for British players at the moment and it is easy to see why clubs shop abroad. To put it as simply as possible, Diedhiou only needs to be a third as good as Assombalonga in order to represent better value for money. I just don't think we can sign quality British players at an affordable price and compete...

In contrast - a Decent post  :thumbsup: and no doubt it's a punt between value for money against the 'risks' I've outlined to the xenophobic police above

Personally I'd be concerned if we have too much of an International mix - a core of British or at least English speaking players to glue it all together for me

I agree no 1 is that they are decent but they have to be able to fit in with our ever growing mix

Otherwise I'd liked to have seen us targeting our recruitment to one or two countries to aid the communication in dressing room and on the pitch

Save for JK our foreign recruitment is looking a bit dodgy (As it stands)

( Perhaps you'd like to read this post as well @Dollymarie before jumping )

31 minutes ago, LC_ said:

would we need to bring in a replacement for Flint if he goes? We're being told Hegeler is now a CB, we already have Mags and Wright, surely they would go up the pecking order and we'd have youngsters in reserve? I'd rather we looked to spend wedge on some decent wide-men who can deliver a ball to feed out abundance of target men (Fam, Đurić, Wilbraham)

It's hard to say anymore. There were rumours about that tall lad in League 1 when Flint looked to be off to Sunderland.

Personally, I'd like to see the club use our academy products, even if it means "replacing" Flint with a youngster that can play in the academy/on loan for a season before having a crack at the Championship.

Just now, EnderMB said:

It's hard to say anymore. There were rumours about that tall lad in League 1 when Flint looked to be off to Sunderland.

Personally, I'd like to see the club use our academy products, even if it means "replacing" Flint with a youngster that can play in the academy/on loan for a season before having a crack at the Championship.

Indeed - I don't want Flint replaced directly if he goes. Obviously we need to keep getting in young talent that might develop but there has to be a path to the first team. If Flint goes and we sign someone else, the message is that we don't think Moore or Mags are ever going to be good enough (especially as Mags is 24). I'd rather give one of them or a Hegeler and Wright partnership a crack.

I think we should be looking at upgrading on Golbourne if we can and we'd certainly need to replace Bryan if he went and I guess it would make sense to get a new young striker if we lose Engvall but I'd rather any money we got for Flint was put towards upgrading Goalkeeper, Winger and perhaps Left-Back as I think these are the areas where it is most needed.

Archived