IGNORED

Lucic

SecretSam

3 hours ago, Big Red Rich said:

And even then people said he was dong.

Exactly, many people didn't think Heaton was that good in a struggling team. People should remember Frankie was in goal the whole season we went up and saved us on many occasions especially away from home. We're never going to get a perfect keeper, they'd go to a bigger club if they were that good. Frankie's a good fit for us, and Lucic is a good understudy and he'll get some chances since Frankie usually misses a few through injury. If I was LJ I'd focus elsewhere, not GK position.

5 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

end of the highlights for it. 

wasn't exactly how I remembered either TBH, but still an attempted cutback gone wrong.

IIRC was Lucic on as a sub after Fielding got injured in that game? Or was that the previous one and Lucic started so as to not risk Frankie?

The latter, he came on as a sub against Brentford and started this one.

Not going to go over it all again but I thought he was pretty poor against Preston, not just for the goal, either.

I presume LJ felt the same because he hasn't featured since...

His loan spell in Denmark was a disaster, he didn't start a single game and came back to us before the season ended.

Not sure he is better than O'Leary, the problem is we have ended up with two goalkeepers of a very similar age with virtually no first team experience...

• Admin
6 hours ago, Antman said:

problem is the chap Gieffer  LJ brought in last season was frankly no better than either of 'em - i'm not convinced he's a good judge!!

Don't worry, I'm led to believe LJ hadn't watched Giefer prior to his arrival so your jury can remain out. :) 

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree, he wasn't good enough last season. Terrible with the ball at this feet. And made an awful mistake in this game. We need someone we can rely on 100%. A loan move would be best for Lucic I reckon.

Ayyy? That's his very obvious strength. 

3 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Bring back Keith Welch.

Top keepers have top moustaches - it's a scientifically proven FACT.

Ugh, I shaved this morning.

First I found out I wasn't the trialist at Cheltenham, now I find out that I am not Keith Welch.

The day just goes from bad to worse.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Against Preston he was terrible on the ball. Literally chipped it to Magnússon on the left side of the box when Hörður had a player on him. And did a couple of other suicidal passes. Crazy keeper.

Was a lovely chipped pass though.

He is evidently very good with the ball at his feet.

The issue is more to do with decision making, and when to play those passes.

59 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was a lovely chipped pass though.

He is evidently very good with the ball at his feet.

The issue is more to do with decision making, and when to play those passes.

Very poor with the ball at his feet against Cheltenham the other evening. Of the younger keepers potentially i think O'Leary is the best of them.

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

The fact he has numerous Bundesliga appearances, has been at 2 of the bigger clubs in Germany (Bayer Leverkeusen and Schalke) as well as Dusseldorf, Europa League appearences against the likes of Atletico Madrid.

He spent over an entire year of the 18 months prior to his loan injured.

Though generally I'm not sure why I bothered to respond to you, all you have done recently is twist everything into the most negative thing it could be, or type "Johnson Out."

He's played 8 Bundesliga games and was no.3 at Schalke. 

He was ******* awful. Couldn't kick a ball higher than 3ft.  

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

He has played 42 Bundesliga games.

I'd suggest being injured for an entire year may knock someone down the pecking order, prior to that he was second choice. 

He had a full season, granted. In 2012. 

If he was our number 1 I'd be extremely worried. FF twice the keeper he is, but we still need a keeper better than frank. Great servant but need better to take us to the next level. 

8 hours ago, Super said:

I don't see him as being better than Fielding....

How do you know though?  You can't base that opinion on the limited opportunities he has had surely?

Engvall, Moore, Lucic - throw them all into the team for a proper few games and see how they go, that's just my opinion, we seem to sign several players and then are scared of giving them a go....no point in signing players who aren't gonna get a first team opportunity at some point...

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He had a full season, granted. In 2012. 

If he was our number 1 I'd be extremely worried. FF twice the keeper he is, but we still need a keeper better than frank. Great servant but need better to take us to the next level. 

Does 100-odd games make FF a 'great servant'?! Not in my book, that equates to around two and a half seasons...not sure why you'd be 'extremely worried' if Lucic was first choice, have you really seen enough of him to make that decision? Do you remember FF's debut horror show?

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Does 100-odd games make FF a 'great servant'?! Not in my book, that equates to around two and a half seasons...not sure why you'd be 'extremely worried' if Lucic was first choice, have you really seen enough of him to make that decision? Do you remember FF's debut horror show?

I'd say 4 seasons, 100 games, a promotion and a cup a great servant personally. He'll be here for another or two no doubt. I'd definitely call 5 or 6 seasons more than decent. 

Wasnt talking about Lucic, was on about Giefer. Unsure on Lucic but know for a fact Johnson doesn't rate him so wouldn't really worry about him staying to become number 1. Will probably keep being loaned out then released. 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Four seasons? So 25 games a season is a great servant? Fair enough. Sorry, assumed you were on about Lucic as you replied to a thread entitled 'Lucic' - didn't realise you were talking about Giefer, apologies for that...

If you want to pick bones it's 110 games. In a footballing world where we've seen Kodjia leave after a season after refusing to play, Freeman refuse to play, Adam Matthews making it very clear he wanted to play for anyone else, and copious loan signings in the last few seasons - yes, id call someone who's played through 3 managers, 2 caretakers, 4 seasons...played every game in a double winning season, and always worn his heart on his sleeve with pride for the club a great servant. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

If you want to pick bones it's 110 games. In a footballing world where we've seen Kodjia leave after a season after refusing to play, Freeman refuse to play, Adam Matthews making it very clear he wanted to play for anyone else, and copious loan signings in the last few seasons - yes, id call someone who's played through 3 managers, 2 caretakers, 4 seasons...played every game in a double winning season, and always worn his heart on his sleeve with pride for the club a great servant. 

As we are picking bones, who were the two caretakers he played under? Are you counting Pemberton/Elliot's incredibly brief reign as being 'two managers'?! 

I'd call someone who'd been with us for say, seven seasons or more a 'great servant' not someone who joined us in 2013...

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

As we are picking bones, who were the two caretakers he played under? Are you counting Pemberton/Elliot's incredibly brief reign as being 'two managers'?! 

I'd call someone who'd been with us for say, seven seasons or more a 'great servant' not someone who joined us in 2013...

I'm guessing 2 seperate caretaker periods being counted individually (if there was one between SOD and Cotts)

IMO, maybe "great servant" is a bit much so far, but he has kept the number one shirt through 3 full time managers, and fought off competition from O'Donnell and Giefer (not counting Lucic's game as a starter as was due to injuries and O'Donnell being totally inept in his previous performance, with FFs injury known not to be serious it was only ever a 1 game thing).

Another season and perhaps he will be there, 5 seasons at a single club is rare in modern football, though less so for goalkeepers.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm guessing 2 seperate caretaker periods being counted individually (if there was one between SOD and Cotts)

IMO, maybe "great servant" is a bit much so far, but he has kept the number one shirt through 3 full time managers, and fought off competition from O'Donnell and Giefer (not counting Lucic's game as a starter as was due to injuries and O'Donnell being totally inept in his previous performance, with FFs injury known not to be serious it was only ever a 1 game thing).

Another season and perhaps he will be there, 5 seasons at a single club is rare in modern football, though less so for goalkeepers.

And Eliot Parish, Simon Moore, Ben Hamer since I've been watching (again).

Liked the look of Moore, see he's no1 at Sheffield Utd.

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

:rofl2br:  Love it!!!

That's because he was in Mexico.

They've all got them over there!!!

Never seen it before to be honest.

Gibbo never had one cuz he never went to Mexico.   :dunno:

Banksy reminds me of a 1930's mafiosa in that picture :shifty:

David Seaman also - top tache, top keeper. Shame about that pony tail mind... dear oh dear Dave.

Bit hard on Giefer. He made some good saves, he was a much better presence in the goal than FF or ROD. His problem was his distribution but that suffered because of the terrible injuries the lad has had from which he had only recovered. I would say he was better than FF and ROD.  Lucic is the long term successor for me. He has all the qualities needed. What he needs is games.  If we sign another GK, Fielding will be sold or let go next summer when his contract expires (I think). 

5 hours ago, MarkRed! said:

Bit hard on Giefer. He made some good saves, he was a much better presence in the goal than FF or ROD. His problem was his distribution but that suffered because of the terrible injuries the lad has had from which he had only recovered. I would say he was better than FF and ROD.  Lucic is the long term successor for me. He has all the qualities needed. What he needs is games.  If we sign another GK, Fielding will be sold or let go next summer when his contract expires (I think). 

See Fabian has joined FC Augsburg

Archived