IGNORED

The real reasons behind the signings....

Robbored

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

@Londoner, from your thread, where's your names? Interested to know who you'd have in mind.

"We know English talent is more expensive but sorry I for one wouldn't mind us splashing a bit more for someone we know can have a significant impact in this league, plenty available, i have names"

What do you want to know? People we enquired about that were available at right price?

30 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Tbf, Robbored's OP is in direct response to me challenging him on Londoner's thread to start his own 'upbeat' thread. 

Many hearts captured apparently by this outburst of positivity and optimism, and he seems to have gone from perpetual forum whipping boy to Mr. Hugely Popular in about an hour.

He'll be back to his usual self tomorrow, no doubt. :facepalm: :fastasleep: Z Z

Sorry, still don't believe it was Robbored that wrote or posted the original post & no one will convince me of it, I just don't believe he has such positivity in his body!!

10 million posts & not one with so much as a word of positivity, how would he possibly find such an emotion? Next thing you'll be telling me is Scrooge enjoyed Christmas!!

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Sorry, still don't believe it was Robbored that wrote or posted the original post & no one will convince me of it, I just don't believe he has such positivity in his body!!

10 million posts & not one with so much as a word of positivity, how would he possibly find such an emotion? Next thing you'll be telling me is Scrooge enjoyed Christmas!!

Reminds me of this .....

15 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I truly admire your belief that our young players have enough about them to compete - and by that I mean comfortably survive, in this league.

1. The back 4? Mmmm bit weak

2. Midfield - 'Pats' did ok at the end but prior to that a bit part player who cannot be considered as one for the future. Pack, very inconsistent, Brownhill, inexperienced. O'Dowda, yes has potential but needs to progress significantly to be a Championship regular.

3. Forwards - I confidently predict 'young' Bobby won't even make the bench by the end of September. I for one don't buy the myth that he has morphed into Sergio Agurreo  since May, unlike some on here.

Diedhou looks strong and capable but don't see him being a 20 goal a season type, more of a target man.

I am sure we would all get behind them initially but they would have to deliver.

Ok we look at things from different angles.

The back four week? Pisano an Italian fullback that has played in the top league, gets booked a lot,no not week.

Wright more like Shaun Taylor than Flint, who is a big man but never gets booked. Wright gets stuck in doesn't care if he hurts someone .

Mags footballing center half and Bryan for any thing you might think he doesn't have he has pace can kick with either foot (so rare)  can leap as good as most center halfs  has a good first touch and will put his foot in where it hurts.

Yeah the back Mmmmmm  looks weak as shit to me.

27 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Perhaps I hit a nerve :whistle:

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Maybe just maybe we have enough faith in the young players we now have at the club.

Ok Tammy, but are we ever likely to have that same success again? Last season as most know a lot of signings were for the future.

Well the futures here. If Flint leaves witch seems on the cards then lets have some faith.

Can see Johnson starting with a back four of Pisano,Mags,Wright and Bryan

Pats,Pack,Brownhill,O.Dowda. And Reid behind Diedhou.

Now most would agree that is a young energetic side that surely our fans would get behind.

I know some will come on and explain why that side is a no no and would certainly be relegated but most of those have had a season in the championship and will be stronger players this season.

For me I think, and that's the word think. we will be ok!!

what is it with all this optimism, no place on here for any of that.

2 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Okay, who's kidnapped @Robbored & replaced him with an optimistic intruder? I'm not having this, there is no way this is 'the Robbored'!!

My money's on LJ or GJ having paid for a hitman to put an end to such pessimism!

Don't panic - LJ's playing the tea lady out of position as hit man this week. Robbored can sleep eazzy.....

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yep, your spot on. There's been too much negativity on here lately and it was time for an alternative slant on the current status at City.

Everything I wrote is my honest opinion and not a tit for tat response to said negativity.

Robbored, I always enjoy your posts and respect your positivity but think you're talking utter garbage this time WTGR. We are far weaker than last time around and it looks like our heartbeat has been sold.

Personally, without serious reinforcements, we're going down and I have bugger all faith in the present head coach to turn milk let alone a Championship football club!

it's rare that I feel I need to react to one of your posts as I enjoy their humour but I'm extremely negative and, currently, think we're are last seasons Rotherham.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Robbored, I always enjoy your posts and respect your positivity but think you're talking utter garbage this time WTGR. We are far weaker than last time around and it looks like our heartbeat has been sold.

Personally, without serious reinforcements, we're going down and I have bugger all faith in the present head coach to turn milk let alone a Championship football club!

it's rare that I feel I need to react to one of your posts as I enjoy their humour but I'm extremely negative and, currently, think we're are last seasons Rotherham.

Happy to do a charity bet with you that we finish on at least 15 points more than Rotherham achieved last season.

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

You contribute to a positive thread with more criticism and negativity.........:facepalm:

For every up there is a down, why is it negative to say what you think rather than what you are supposed to think?

7 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Maybe just maybe we have enough faith in the young players we now have at the club.

Ok Tammy, but are we ever likely to have that same success again? Last season as most know a lot of signings were for the future.

Well the futures here. If Flint leaves witch seems on the cards then lets have some faith.

Can see Johnson starting with a back four of Pisano,Mags,Wright and Bryan

Pats,Pack,Brownhill,O.Dowda. And Reid behind Diedhou. and both un proven in this league, some strike force

Now most would agree that is a young energetic side that surely our fans would get behind. You mean they will run around a lot?

I know some will come on and explain why that side is a no no and would certainly be relegated but most of those have had a season in the championship and will be stronger players this season. Same goes for all the other teams

For me I think, and that's the word think. we will be ok!! we may repeat last season efforts if we are very lucky

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Obviously Tammys goals will be a loss but LJ has gone about replacing them with the signing of Famara and the likely option of having Reid playing a more attacking role. Engvail is fit again and raring to go. Hopefully Taylor will be trading again fairly soon,

LJ has also brought in an experienced Italian defender to strengthen what has been a vunerable defence. So far so good and I expect we'll see at least another two or even three more additions this window.

LJ will undoubtedly gained valuable knowledge and experience from last seasons and will know what players he can rely on having searched relentlessly last season to find them. He won't have the need to chop and change the starting 11 as often this time around. Another positive in my book.

The youngsters that have been on loan, Vyner and Taylor Moore in particular are back with the experience of pretty much an entire season playing men's football. Another positive  as is the progress of O'Dowda and Bobby Reid. I fancy all of them to feature at some stage over the 46 games next season. Another positive.

Overall things are currently pretty rosy and I'm fairly optimistic that City will do pretty well next season.

Having gone through all the evidence and ruling many things out I have just been left with one conclusion, which however unlikely must be true.

For the first time since you joined OTIB you've got your leg over.

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

As far as I'm aware you and I have never met so how you can you say that I don't have any positivity in my body? 

On 27/07/2017 at 20:59, Robbored said:

Obviously Tammys goals will be a loss but LJ has gone about replacing them with the signing of Famara and the likely option of having Reid playing a more attacking role. Engvail is fit again and raring to go. Hopefully Taylor will be trading again fairly soon,

LJ has also brought in an experienced Italian defender to strengthen what has been a vunerable defence. So far so good and I expect we'll see at least another two or even three more additions this window.

LJ will undoubtedly gained valuable knowledge and experience from last seasons and will know what players he can rely on having searched relentlessly last season to find them. He won't have the need to chop and change the starting 11 as often this time around. Another positive in my book.

The youngsters that have been on loan, Vyner and Taylor Moore in particular are back with the experience of pretty much an entire season playing men's football. Another positive  as is the progress of O'Dowda and Bobby Reid. I fancy all of them to feature at some stage over the 46 games next season. Another positive.

Overall things are currently pretty rosy and I'm fairly optimistic that City will do pretty well next season.

Absolutely agree. We need more optimism and less of the doom and gloom from the same old blow-hard bores.

Well i have to say i went to AG last night i thought apart from corey smith who i thought didn't have a good game. I have to admit i am one of the MOANING LJ doubters...  BUT wait for it please be kind to me when replying i have taken my blinkers and ear plugs off. I have to say i was impressed with the football i witness from city and i am much more positive we will do well this season even without LT and even if AF leaves  i think it could be a top half finish COYRS..

Archived