IGNORED

Things that irritate me in football

rednotblue

Shielding the ball out of play - should be allowed to go through the back of their knees with both feet.  Or it should be obstruction if you don't play it.

Injured players having to leave the pitch when a foul is given in their favour - why penalise the victim?

Not contesting drop balls - pansies, get at it.

Kicking the ball out of play for an injury - let the ref stop it if it's serious, if not play on.

The loan system.  It is far too rigid now, although accept it was too flexible previously.

You should not be allowed to loan to a club in the same division.  However I'd relax that if the club paid the full extent of the player's contract, e.g. 100% of wages, win bonus, appearance fee etc etc.

The Joe Hart loan is a farce!

The offside rule.....why? if an attacker gets goalside of a defender that's the defenders fault, so why give a free kick to the defending side ?.

Defenders are supposed to defend the goal not the refs ?

So many to choose from, as mentioned above parachute payments (basically rewarding failure), pre match handshakes. Its a wonder why we all bother eh?!

Thing that grates me most though is the amount of grappling that goes on at corners and the ref pausing play to warn the offending players. Just give a bloody decision when the ball comes in...if there's 5 penalties per game so be it!

Agents!

With the money he made from Pogba's transfer to Man U, Pogba's agent is worth the same  as a £25m player - someone please explain this to me..

• Admin

The sanitisation of football, people who complain about bad language because there are kids sat near, fans who have no grasp that a home ground should feel hostile to the opposition and on occasion, the officials.  

Not being able to pay on the turnstile - could easily have a contactless card reader there.

The Gas, they annoy me, real shame they bounced back from non league obscurity.

Archived