IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v FC Twente pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

Good morning all!

It's the final game of pre-season and the traditional 'big game'. Hereafter, Mr @havanatopia takes the driving seat for his legendary league match day threads, starting with Barnsley.

So for my final match day thread, until the Carabao/Worthington/whatever it's called cup game v Plymouth, I thought we might have a bit of fun... 

A mini quiz for you brainiacs out there...

Answers will be posted around KO time. There is no prize, just the knowledge of being a clever clogs.

1. FC Twente play in the Eredivisie. But which 3 teams in the same league, are known as 'the big three'?

2. Twente has a sponsorship deal with which major brand of alcoholic beer?

3. True or false: FC Twente's 30,000 capacity stadium will host the final of the UEFA women's euros on 6th August 2017.

4. In their current 1st team squad, Twente have just 1 great Dane. Name him.

5. Which Scottish international played for both the senior Scotland side and Twente during 1999 and 2001?

6. Which City reject was snapped up by Twente after a successful trial?

7. And why was the answer to no. 6's league debut for Twente, seen as a disaster?

8. Which former England manager was a coach at Twente in the last decade?

Right I can't think of anymore...

On to tonight, and Twente are currently en route to Bristol as publicised here. Also the team they are bringing is listed. 

Twente are a good side so this has a draw all over it. 2-2. Bobby with yet another brace.

And from what I've seen on Snapchat, we are in our new home kit!

Final word from me, please turn up to AG as early as possible if you are POTD or better still, print tickets at home. 

COME ON YOU REDS!

Screenshot_20170728-094600.png

Just now, Abraham Romanovich said:

From FC Twente Blog - "the start of the duel is at 20.45 Dutch Time"

Now I'm no Steve Maclaren but according to the dictionary  a duel =

"A contest with deadly weapons arranged between two people in order to settle a point of honour."

Surely more appropriate for the Millwall match.

I think that's just Google Translate having a weird moment when converting from Dutch to English!

Really interested to see what Team LJ picks to start tonight's game. Best indication yet of what he considers to be our strongest side. Wonder who will be playing up front ?

Imagine there will be changes at half time but the first 45 minutes should give the fans an indication of the progress made since last year  and how we can survive without Tammy.

Archived