IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v FC Twente pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Trolling? No idea what that is.

I've been on the lash most of the day but the Indian food seems to have soaked up the booze and I'm pretty sober right now.

Still a fun day out tho........I ought to do it more often.

If you did do it more often, then your day out yesterday would turn out to be like a pre season session. So, basically it would have been a waste of time and not meant anything :yes:

13 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

If you did do it more often, then your day out yesterday would turn out to be like a pre season session. So, basically it would have been a waste of time and not meant anything :yes:

Not sure what you mean there PB..............:dunno:

14 minutes ago, cynic said:

Personally, I'd prefer to see Hegeler at the back with either Baker or Wright not sure which.

Dilemma for LJ - two no nonsense centre backs or one of them with Hegeler who is much more adept with the ball at his feet and can bring the ball out or make a decent pass.

Flint leaving gives LJ other options.

As an aside, with Pisano on the right we now have an additional dimension at the back as he appears to be very good in the air which is not something we've had in that position for a long time. Slightly softens the blow of Flint leaving imo.

I haven't seen enough of Hegeler at CB yet. I have a feeling that it will be Wright and Hegeler v Barnsley so it will be interesting to see how we do. 

I still think Hegeler could have a part to play in midfield this season. Good versatile option to have on the bench if Wright and Baker ultimately secure the starting places at CB.

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Interesting perspective from one of the FC Twente players..

http://www.football-oranje.com/exclusive-interview-fredrik-jensen-reaction-bristol-city-2-0-twente/

Pretty complimentary about us

Nice to hear comments like that from a beaten opponent. Really enjoyed watching the highlights from the game too, especially pleased with our tempo and quick passing/movement.

Gives us an exciting platform to build from and if we have a squad of players all willing to work hard for each other, as well as singing from the same hymn sheet as the manager, we'll have a solid season in the championship for sure. 

I think Flint or Magnússon will be leaving.  Really disappointed with Magnússon who's passing was awful last night.  The match changed dramatically after half time when the CB's changed and they seemed to slow it down.  Hegler looked good, but not sure how he will cope defensively.  He doesn't seem to want to head the ball and cant see him going into crunching tackles.  Looks like Wright and Baker as regular starting CB, with Magnússon as cover.

one questions about last night, why didn't Moore not get on the pitch?  I was impressed by Pisano, but where is the cover?

4 minutes ago, South stander said:

I think Flint or Magnússon will be leaving.  Really disappointed with Magnússon who's passing was awful last night.  The match changed dramatically after half time when the CB's changed and they seemed to slow it down.  Hegler looked good, but not sure how he will cope defensively.  He doesn't seem to want to head the ball and cant see him going into crunching tackles.  Looks like Wright and Baker as regular starting CB, with Magnússon as cover.

one questions about last night, why didn't Moore not get on the pitch?  I was impressed by Pisano, but where is the cover?

I think you have nailed this one.... Magnússon doesn't impress me much, and let's face it Flint is very shaky at times. I think Pisano is still being scrutinised, Tyler Moore less so. Looking a good more solid this time around, and if we miss Tammy's goals we are just going to stop them going in at the other end.

Archived