IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v FC Twente pre-season friendly match day thread

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, samo II said:

When LJ says he's had no bids, from what I've been told; that's true.

But discussing what a player is worth isn't a bid, and unlike saying "not for sale at any price" we are not adverse to selling him, if our valuation is met.

That Baker is now on board, I'm more convinced he'll go, simply because of my 'Source' - a very knowledgeable Leeds fan who gives zero shits about spreading rumours and has been laser accurate before on who they were bringing in.

I personally hope Flint stays, but I feel he may be more interested in trying something new than we are in keeping him, especially while his value is relatively high.

Who gives a toss... 

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

When LJ says he's had no bids, from what I've been told; that's true.

But discussing what a player is worth isn't a bid, and unlike saying "not for sale at any price" we are not adverse to selling him, if our valuation is met.

That Baker is now on board, I'm more convinced he'll go, simply because of my 'Source' - a very knowledgeable Leeds fan who gives zero shits about spreading rumours and has been laser accurate before on who they were bringing in.

I personally hope Flint stays, but I feel he may be more interested in trying something new than we are in keeping him, especially while his value is relatively high.

Can't begrudge him wanting to move on if he feels it best. I'm not one to get hung up about individuals - it's a team game and sometimes it takes a player leaving to present an opportunity to someone else. 

Flint wouldn't be here if we didn't need a CB at the time, etc. That's football isn't it. He know he'll probably not get a better chance at a move to a properly large club and his stock is probably about as high now as it will be. If he has a poor season this year all of a sudden it's a different ball game. 

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Who gives a toss... 

I do, I like to hear people's view...it's a forum.  Why do you bother posting crap like that.  Just scroll down and leave the debate to those that want to.  You are going the same way as another poster...."ignored"!

this is is pre-season of zero tolerance

Just now, Davefevs said:

I do, I like to hear people's view...it's a forum.  Why do you bother posting crap like that.  Just scroll down and leave the debate to those that want to.  You are going the same way as another poster...."ignored"!

Oh calm down for christ sake... 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

this is is pre-season of zero tolerance

Who cares?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Who gives a toss... 

Fair enough.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Can't begrudge him wanting to move on if he feels it best. I'm not one to get hung up about individuals - it's a team game and sometimes it takes a player leaving to present an opportunity to someone else. 

Flint wouldn't be here if we didn't need a CB at the time, etc. That's football isn't it. He know he'll probably not get a better chance at a move to a properly large club and his stock is probably about as high now as it will be. If he has a poor season this year all of a sudden it's a different ball game. 

My thoughts are similar.

Excellent signing, but all about how we do.  Think he could contribute again, but as you say; has to think as to about himself too.

Be sorry to see him go if he does, but wouldn't begrudge him a move.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Also fits with how LJ has said he want his teams to play.

Barring a injury crisis in all areas, LJ has no excuses for not having his style being played now

I hope we do play this way. All the standing off sh1te we did last season seriously p1ssed me off. 

Win it high, hit on the break etc. No time on the ball for opposition. Perfect. 

Someone said earlier (sorry can't find the post) that the pitch was narrower, I wondered if Johnson would request it earlier in pre season.  Any of those there notice that it is, and if so does it look like a choice, or a necessity, regards the playing surface?

ta

Just now, RumRed said:

Someone said earlier (sorry can't find the post) that the pitch was narrower, I wondered if Johnson would request it earlier in pre season.  Any of those there notice that it is, and if so does it look like a choice, or a necessity, regards the playing surface?

ta

No one backed it up though so no one else thinks so . We've always had a big pitch and if we're playing expansive football the last thing you want is a small pitch

Nice to see Diedhiou get nearly a full 90 mins - think he's hitting the ground running will be pretty key to us.

Interesting how we're still seeing the likes of Hinds and Morrell getting game time this late in preseason too - maybe the pathway is going to be in more evident effect this year.

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

No one backed it up though so no one else thinks so . We've always had a big pitch and if we're playing expansive football the last thing you want is a small pitch

I knew it was large, that's why I was interested in whether it had been intentionally narrowed, would tell us a lot about tactics next season if it had.  Obviously not though!

Archived