IGNORED

Hörður

I dont get why he missed basically the whole 2nd half of last season. LJ certainly pointed blame at him so perhaps thats it. 

He plays LBfor Iceland and i think wouldsuit there for us too if CB aint his place. But having Hegeler there is a real kick in the hordurs i reckon!

Perhaps it's just as simple as other players have performed better than he has in training?

The uproar will be mental should he move on, which goes to show that what you do on social media is every bit as important as what you do on the pitch these days! 

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

I dont get why he missed basically the whole 2nd half of last season. LJ certainly pointed blame at him so perhaps thats it. 

He plays LBfor Iceland and i think wouldsuit there for us too if CB aint his place. But having Hegeler there is a real kick in the hordurs i reckon!

I was one of the one's advocating playing him left back last season. But having watched a couple of pre season games, he would not be good enough going forward for how LJ wants to play imo. The full backs have been providing the width high up the pitch, just following the comments on twitter tonight and Pisano has been on the end of 3 crosses already.

Well what he has done on the pitch is play and score for his country in tournament qualifiers, and been on the winning side against modric and rakitic and probably manzukic too. Yet lj doesnt rate him. Dont worry though, we will just keep signing more and more players til we find one that he does like, nothing can go wrong.

Just now, simon uk said:

Well what he has done on the pitch is play and score for his country in tournament qualifiers, and been on the winning side against modric and rakitic and probably manzukic too. Yet lj doesnt rate him. Dont worry though, we will just keep signing more and more players til we find one that he does like, nothing can go wrong.

He has been pretty poor for us which is all i am interested in.

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

What he does for Iceland has no bearing on what he does here. Being the best LB for Iceland doesn't necessarily make him the best LB here. 

At the end of the day if other players are outperforming him in training then why should he be guaranteed a game just because he plays for Iceland? 

I'm not sure any of us can say he definitley should or shouldn't be in the side right now. 

Having seen both play I'd say Baker is by far the better CB, personally. 

And as alluded to above it seems Johnson wants attacking fullbacks and he clearly isn't an attacking player so can't see him playing LB here. 

Another point to consider is perhaps that Johnson feels well informed about his ability at CB due to the number of appearances last year, whereas he has very limited time to appraise Hegeler there in games where the result doesn't matter? 

Mags has started a couple of friendlies hasn't he? Could be just trying to get as many squad players as even spread of game time as practical. 

16 minutes ago, nickolas said:

He simply couldn't be a LB for us.

Iceland play a totally different style, very defensive and rigid.

Providing they weren't incredibly slow, they could play 4 CBs at the back and it wouldn't make a massive difference.

Our full backs are meant to bomb forward and overlap.

Ive seen baker and Magnússon too, if this was being discussed 7 days ago im pretty sure not many would say baker is superior. Aggressive and a rash tackler maybe, but Magnússon is technically far superior. Maybe Hörður goes on that tiny list that lj has managed to lead to not any kind of improvement whatsoever?

Oh wait, the one player who did improve was a prodigy who wasnt ours and had represented his country at every age group he was eligible for. 

3 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Ive seen baker and Magnússon too, if this was being discussed 7 days ago im pretty sure not many would say baker is superior. Aggressive and a rash tackler maybe, but Magnússon is technically far superior. Maybe Hörður goes on that tiny list that lj has managed to lead to not any kind of improvement whatsoever?

Oh wait, the one player who did improve was a prodigy who wasnt ours and had represented his country at every age group he was eligible for. 

Give it a rest with the love in. He has shown very little for me and if you saw him the other night you would understand why he isnt starting tonight. He really isnt that good.

14 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Hörður has done nothing here to warrant being automatic choice in the first team. 

Don't get me wrong, he looks ok, but nothing more, so far. 

He's clearly got ability and is exactly the type of player I'd hope we'd have as back up throughout the season. 

It's up to him to force his way into the first team. Apart from the social media love in (yes, he's clearly a nice guy) I don't know why some people state such a case for his inclusion in the first team. 

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Give it a rest with the love in. He has shown very little for me and if you saw him the other night you would understand why he isnt starting tonight. He really isnt that good.

He is clearly talented. Perhaps the question that needs to be asked is why wee lee and david brent have been shelling out millions on transfer fees and contracts to players who they either flog on, never play, and/ or quickly replace when they dont fancy them anymore?

Archived