IGNORED

Hörður

50 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Perhaps it's just as simple as other players have performed better than he has in training?

The uproar will be mental should he move on, which goes to show that what you do on social media is every bit as important as what you do on the pitch these days! 

If he moves on the only dissapointed will be that we spent a fair bit on him, and I doubt we'd get much back. 

5 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

If he moves on the only dissapointed will be that we spent a fair bit on him, and I doubt we'd get much back. 

We said that about Tomlin moving on and it seems we did ok there. Ashton has his faults but he's proving himself a decent negotiator. Can't see that we'd have lost a fortune on him if he does move on, but given that he's had a half tonight it seems he's still in the matchday plans.  

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can't see either being the first choice left back.

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Really can't see Mags getting the nod over Baker. 

But from all reports on here Baker is suspended so he can't play - can't see Golbourne over Magnússon but can def see a back four. 

13 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Wasn't at the game tonight. Does Hegeler look a good fit at CB or do you think he's a midfielder playing out of position? 

Looks a good fit, particularly his distribution. He wasn't tested tonight though, not sure if he'd look quite as good playing stronger opposition. Definitely worth trying him out there as he could be a very good ball playing defender.

57 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

So want him to be a success but no where near a starter for me. Great at interacting  with fans, so popular but bench at best for me  but  hope he comes good. Really sloppy tonight with distribution as was Flint.

Agreed. I am a huge Hordour fan but thought he looked very rusty tonight, which was surprising as he had International football in the summer. We weren't really tested by Twente so neither him or Flint had much to do but they both looked like their minds were elsewhere. Afterwards Mags said it was good to play but he felt tired, maybe  mentally as much as physically.

i was very surprised how good Hedgler was as a CB, and Pisano was outstanding I thought, a huge upgrade from Little.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

Agreed. I am a huge Hordour fan but thought he looked very rusty tonight, which was surprising as he had International football in the summer. We weren't really tested by Twente so neither him or Flint had much to do but they both looked like their minds were elsewhere. Afterwards Mags said it was good to play but he felt tired, maybe  mentally as much as physically.

i was very surprised how good Hedgler was as a CB, and Pisano was outstanding I thought, a huge upgrade from Little.

Very pleased to hear that. Can't wait for Saturday. 

For me, a cb's first job is to stop the ball going in the back of our net. Too much emphasis is put on the modern day ball playing cb, much like guardiola's obsession with a ball playing gk. How many times last season did we see HM bring the ball out of defence and provide an assist or defence splitting pass? Players of that nature are so rare which is why van dijk is so highly sought after. Within the current squad, I would have HM 4th choice cb behind Flint, Baker and Wright ( in that order)

21 hours ago, Super said:

Give it a rest with the love in. He has shown very little for me and if you saw him the other night you would understand why he isnt starting tonight. He really isnt that good.

Them you have to question why he wasn't scouted properly and why we spent £2m on a player deemed 'really isn't that good'

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just one thing - if we ship out Scott Golbourne and then get a `can`t refuse` bid for Joe on August 31st (or he gets injured v Villa) who plays at LB?

Either Magnússon or Lloyd Kelly I would guess. Hope Joe stays and makes that LB spot his own this season. Time for him to deliver some consistency now. 

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Either Magnússon or Lloyd Kelly I would guess. Hope Joe stays and makes that LB spot his own this season. Time for him to deliver some consistency now. 

I'd be very surprised if Magnússon plays left back for us this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. Assuming Flint leaves he's our 4th choice centre half at the moment I reckon.

9 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Would you throw Lloyd Kelly if the situation unfolded the way @Red Right Hand suggested? Can't see the other CB's playing LB which really just leaves Kelly if we rule out Magnússon (or if he leaves too). 

My thoughts exactly. If it was a straight choice between Kelly and Magnússon I`d have to say I`d prefer Mags just so`s young Kelly doesn`t get thrown in at the deep end and perhaps has his confidence shot to pieces.

19 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I think that we are about to see Joe Bryan have his best season - hope it is for us.  Our full backs are going to be encouraged forward with Pack and Smith holding.

Archived