IGNORED

Hörður

21 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Would you throw Lloyd Kelly if the situation unfolded the way @Red Right Hand suggested? Can't see the other CB's playing LB which really just leaves Kelly if we rule out Magnússon (or if he leaves too). 

Haven't seen enough to judge. Last night was my first time watching him in his 30 min run out.

The fact he was picked there ahead of Golbourne indicates to me he's the backup leftback. He's taller and stronger than I imagined.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think that we are about to see Joe Bryan have his best season - hope it is for us.  Our full backs are going to be encouraged forward with Pack and Smith holding.

I think this is going to be the season that Joe Bryan becomes an absolutely pivotal member of the team. With some big names moving on out of the dressing room he will be vital on and off the pitch. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Haven't seen enough to judge. Last night was my first time watching him in his 30 min run out.

The fact he was picked there ahead of Golbourne indicates to me he's the backup leftback. He's taller and stronger than I imagined.

That's good to know. I would guess another established LB to come in perhaps? Or is there enough strength there with Bryan and Kelly. Hard to tell on a 30 min showing, as you say. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

2 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

That's good to know. I would guess another established LB to come in perhaps? Or is there enough strength there with Bryan and Kelly. Hard to tell on a 30 min showing, as you say. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I think we won't bring another one in and he'll be backup to Bryan. Just my gut feeling based on how long he came on for last night. Morrell and Hinds got 10 mins each which also indicates to me they're on the fringes - but won't see as much action as Kelly.

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I think we won't bring another one in and he'll be backup to Bryan. Just my gut feeling based on how long he came on for last night. Morrell and Hinds got 10 mins each which also indicates to me they're on the fringes - but won't see as much action as Kelly.

No margin for error from Bryan this season then. As I've said above, think he will have a great season, just might be tight if he were to get injured long term. 

Magnussen is one of a number of players who cost a lot of money, played well when we played well at the beginning of last season but then got rejected.  Given he's played at a higher level under proper managers, my guess is he was perceived as a threat and has subsequently been sidelined.  I expect him to be sold in August.  He'll go somewhere else and be a success.

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Weaker opposition, but was really impressed with Kelly when I saw him play.

12 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Hörður has been treated poorly by the management. And one of the few youngsters who are currently wasted. He will be a class act.

Why has he been treated poorly by management?

Because he was replaced by Bailey and we actually started defending.

I think Mags is decent but surely after avoiding relegation replacing him was a good decision?

7 hours ago, RedRoss said:

I think Mags is decent but surely after avoiding relegation replacing him was a good decision?

Wasn't it Mags who was left at home on his birthday while we were playing away? 

That seemed bloody odd for a start. 

8 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Agree with your last two paras (Think (IMHO) HM somewhat over rated on here at the moment

(Has potential , and age on his side ,so time to develop and improve)

Not sure that being the one named player to be publicly criticised post the debacle at Preston , despite being a substitute , went down too well though

Archived