IGNORED

Colin Murray

brizzlelou

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

Ive just seen that Colin Murray is the new host of the channel 5 EFL show. Great choice I think. Apologies if already mentioned but I've been in hospital all week and not really up to speed on everything.

Sorry to hear that Lou. I hope you're well now?

5 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Got a lot of time for Murray since he put his money where his mouth was and left talkshite after News Corp took it over. Top bloke.

I totally agree with you, Murrays' show was a breath of fresh air on Talksport and it's gone down hill since he left.

I liked his radio show , the music one. The Talksport one took time to grow on me, enjoyed it eventually and thought his stand was a good one.
Just hope the League show is better than the last one, always recorded it and watched it fast forwarding the chat !

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I liked his radio show , the music one. The Talksport one took time to grow on me, enjoyed it eventually and thought his stand was a good one.
Just hope the League show is better than the last one, always recorded it and watched it fast forwarding the chat !

I thought his shows from the Euro championships were very good TBH. Full of humour and banter, in with the proper fans, just like it should be rather than the sterile crap we normally get.

His stand against Newscorp was admirable and no doubt cost him a lot of money. I wish him well in his latest adventure.

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Sorry to hear that Lou. I hope you're well now?

I totally agree with you, Murrays' show was a breath of fresh air on Talksport and it's gone down hill since he left.

I've never liked talksport but I did occasionally listen to him on there, it was a decent programme and I think he's a good presenter who made a bit of an effort to talk about minority sports as well. Haven't listened to talksport at all since the takeover. I don't really watch the C5 highlights often but hopefully having a good presenter will improve it anyway.

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

I didn't know Northern Irish people (especially those from the Belfast area) had a Scouse accent. 

I think you missed my point. He's not from Liverpool and reckons he's a Liverpool fan. Like most plastics. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I think you missed my point. He's not from Liverpool and reckons he's a Liverpool fan. Like most plastics. 

I don't think you can call him a "plastic" he knows the club inside out and can go through games he has attended in great detail. I think a lot of irish people have to pick a mainland team as obviously there isn't one anymore local.

If you like his work though, you should try his "At Home" podcast, he is a very good interviewer and the style of interview he adopts in it makes for something a cut above the general sports interview. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08pm9sl/episodes/downloads

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think you can call him a "plastic" he knows the club inside out and can go through games he has attended in great detail. I think a lot of irish people have to pick a mainland team as obviously there isn't one anymore local.

If you like his work though, you should try his "At Home" podcast, he is a very good interviewer and the style of interview he adopts in it makes for something a cut above the general sports interview. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08pm9sl/episodes/downloads

I like him and his presentation style. 

I disagree that he has to pick a mainland team. And if that were the case, why not Crewe or Tranmere perhaps. 

The same old clubs, the same old reasons. 

2 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

What happened to the old duo - did they get the boot they weren't very good?

George Riley left but the Geordie girl is still there (name escapes me!). Good news as she is very easy on the eye....

Colin Murray will be a good addition. Really like the show actually.

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

George Riley left but the Georgie girl is still there (name escapes me!). Good news as she is very easy on the eye....

Colin Murray will be a good addition. Really like the show actually.

She the one who used to be a Sky Sports presenter and is married to Ben Ainslie? Georgie Thompson as was? 

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

She the one who used to be a Sky Sports presenter and is married to Ben Ainslie? Georgie Thompson as was? 

I thought it was Linsey Hipgrave (married to the guitarist off of Toploader)? Or am I thinking of a different show? 

Colin Murray has been class in everything I've seen and heard him do, so looking forward to a somewhat more enjoyable highlights show this season than we've been used to, hopefully. 

8 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I thought it was Linsey Hipgrave (married to the guitarist off of Toploader)? Or am I thinking of a different show? 

Colin Murray has been class in everything I've seen and heard him do, so looking forward to a somewhat more enjoyable highlights show this season than we've been used to, hopefully. 

Linsey used to be Danny Baker`s sidekick on his show that`s on before Fighting Talk. She left to do the C5 FL show last season and Louise Pepper took over.

48 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I once stood next to him at a Flaming Lips gig.  Rather inappropriately he was wearing grey slacks. 

Goes up in my estimation then being at that gig. Grey slacks or not!

He grates and annoys me for some reason, never liked him on the wireless (or the tv)  whichever station he's been on, BBC or talk sport. But most people like him so it's a 'me not him' scenario I guess. And fair play to him for his stand. 

5 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I don't think you can call him a plastic as we know it.

All the Irish iv met over the years are nearly to a man Liverpool or Man U..

Not quite the same to me as someone from Bristol following the top league *******!!

Archived