IGNORED

So, Taylor Moore....

Antman

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Many City fans find it difficult to adjust to paying 1.5 million for a player and then him not  instantly being a first teamer .

Football is crazy money these days.

What I found difficult was that he was playing in league One for Bury  and then inexplicably playing in league Two for Cheltenham the following season.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

LJ openly criticised him for Pitman’s winner for not being strong enough.  I watched it back several times and I don’t think he could do a lot about it.  The crossed ball was behind Pitman, Moore was marking him just on the inside / goal side where I’d expect him to be, and Pitman scored a hooked overhead goal....super finish.

Thats the game! Agreed, although he didnt play great, there wasn't a lot he or anyone else could have done for that goal - was a great finish.

24 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

What I found difficult was that he was playing in league One for Bury  and then inexplicably playing in league Two for Cheltenham the following season.

Mmmm, weird that.  Most Bury fans (joined their forum) thought he did well.

Gonna have a shot and say I dont see him coming through here

Seems a decent lad so I really hope he does - just think on the bits we’ve seen and his development path to date , his progression needs to accelerate now if he is to genuinely compete for a place here , , in the Championship

( I know you are not so sure he won’t @Davefevs And your opinion is one that comes with credibility so that makes me doubt myself !)

Wow, lots of questions and responses, where to start? Ok, we are playing a three man defence supported by two wing backs at the moment. The three at the back include Michael Turner (Ex Hull & Norwich) in the middle of the three, who, at 34 needs a pair of younger legs next to him, but the experience and advice Taylor Moore is getting from him and John White, the other CB is really helping him. Moore is coming up against some decent, and sometimes aggressive forwards that are very happy to broaden his 'big boys' football education. He is handling that sort of stuff well at the moment, and he can turn and cover quicker than Turner!  He's played both left and right side of Turner and looked comfortable in both spots. I did the 'surging out from the back' bit in my original post, but he is getting better at it.

Mr McCoulsky's performances are a different matter. He has not had much league match time so far, but he has now had three full games in the League Cup and the CheckaTrade Trophy. He scored an absolute screamer against Brentford in the League Cup, a further two against Cambridge in the Checka and bugger all against Colchester, also in the Checka. so a bit of a curate's egg as his contibutions have been very limited apart from the goals. He undoubtedly has an eye for a goal but he is just not used to being bossed by big defenders and doesn't have a game plan to counter it yet. Very quick at times though. It does look as if he has not yet convinced Chrissie Powell for a starting spot.

This is Shawn's Brentford goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB8UbF_tyNs

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Gonna have a shot and say I dont see him coming through here

Seems a decent lad so I really hope he does - just think on the bits we’ve seen and his development path to date , his progression needs to accelerate now if he is to genuinely compete for a place here , , in the Championship

( I know you are not so sure he won’t @Davefevs And your opinion is one that comes with credibility so that makes me doubt myself !)

FWIW, I think he will forge a decent career, at Championship level (maybe for a yo-yo club in Prem)....but it won’t be for Bristol City under Johnson.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW, I think he will forge a decent career, at Championship level (maybe for a yo-yo club in Prem)....but it won’t be for Bristol City under Johnson.

my opinion Dave Tbf is really a ‘punt view’ on the limited we’ve seen of him and his path to date 

Hope you are right - In some ways I feel he’s had a tough 2/3 years and deserves to make it - appears a sensible lad giving it his absolute best

Will he interesting to see if he signs a new contract here - I’d be tempted to make my own way - wouldn’t you ?

On 30/07/2017 at 21:39, Dynamite Red said:

So..Generally played out of position but apart from a few negatives, was well appreciated at league One level.

Then he goes to a league two club...

Cue LJ fans saying probably nobody came in for him. I suspect it was a case of helping someone out but just my ill informed view of course.

19 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

So..Generally played out of position but apart from a few negatives, was well appreciated at league One level.

Cue LJ fans saying probably nobody came in for him. I suspect it was a case of helping someone out but just my ill informed view of course.

Naughty ?

58 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

There are so many bloody cynics on this forum...

I love it . 

58 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

There are so many bloody cynics on this forum...

I love it . 

I think this might be the last season that Baker plays for us and it's unlikely that Kalas will be with us from next August.  Will we ever see Bailey Wright back to pre-injury fitness?

Every chance that Taylor Moore could be a key player for us in 2019/20.

2 minutes ago, Xiled said:

I think this might be the last season that Baker plays for us and it's unlikely that Kalas will be with us from next August.  Will we ever see Bailey Wright back to pre-injury fitness?

Every chance that Taylor Moore could be a key player for us in 2019/20.

A faint possibility, not to be entirely ruled out, rather than every chance.

Much more likely he won't next season or any other imo.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

my opinion Dave Tbf is really a ‘punt view’ on the limited we’ve seen of him and his path to date 

Hope you are right - In some ways I feel he’s had a tough 2/3 years and deserves to make it - appears a sensible lad giving it his absolute best

Will he interesting to see if he signs a new contract here - I’d be tempted to make my own way - wouldn’t you ?

Is this his last season ? if so and we don't have an option to extend then provided he has a good season  i'd tend to agree with you.

16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Is this his last season ? if so and we don't have an option to extend then provided he has a good season  i'd tend to agree with you.

2020 with the option of a further year.

Extended at the same time as Southend loan announced iirc.

Since we are neither going up or down this season, I would have preferred us not to have signed Jack Hunt (a dubious and expensive signing at best) and given the chance to Vyner and Moore to fight it out for the right back spot.  Wright and Pisano are also there if something goes badly wrong. 

If we are going to be mediocre, let's be mediocre with our own players and without over-expensive signings. 

Having said that, the loans might work out well long-term..............................

Archived