IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Barnsley FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Excellent first half. Fast pressing football. Impressive. And impressed by Pisano and by Reid's energy and battling spirit. Good stuff. Confounded my expectations I'm delighted to say!

Thought Wright and Hegler looked very comfortable at the back - although Barnsley offered little. Looked a poor side. 

You've got to feel for poor old Barnsley. Any sniff of a good player and they're immediately sold. It's a massive task to keep replacing one gem with another - eventually luck will run out. 

I suspect this could be one season too many for them. 

That being said, sounds like we really went at them from the word go and I'm pleased for Bobby. I hope he can finally live up to what many have seen. He made himself undroppable for today and now he's undroppable for the next couple too. Long may it continue. 

Oh, and well done LJ. 

33 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Pity about conceding and O'Dowda doesn't look ready for the championship on this cameo performance.

But overall great performance, happy with the full backs, midfield appeared to do everything that was lacking last season, Reid has goals in him and Diedhiou looks strong, but Pack my MOM best player on the field IMO.

O Dowda Was our only attacking threat In the 2nd half,  made a chance at the end from nothing...  would like to see him further forward in the Reid role personally.  I'm still to be convinced by Corey Smith of we want to be a top 10 team though...  

3 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

O Dowda Was our only attacking threat In the 2nd half,  made a chance at the end from nothing...  would like to see him further forward in the Reid role personally.  I'm still to be convinced by Corey Smith of we want to be a top 10 team though...  

Instead of Reid?

Maybe not instead of Reid right now  but you have remember first day of the season and barnsley were poor...  my statement was less personal agsinst Reids form just more to do with seeing O Dowda play In behind the striker... I think he might thrive there but wouldn't drop Reid on current form.  

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Second goal in particular shows real promise in the striking partnership. Smart header from Famara.

Agree - v good header

Thought Bobby Reid's turn and cross was the highlight of a decent display from him , even over the goals

He noticeably was thinking as a striker today - looking to shoot early 

As for the partnership - Famara played a big pasty in the opener for Bobby so one a piece :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Will have to agree to disagree on both i'm afraid, ODowda hits the first defender with nearly every cross, I don't think he is championship ready yet.

And as for Smith, yes he gave away possession now and again but did an unbelievable amount of work that goes unnoticed like putting his foot in and nicking the ball away, tackles and harrying, actually tidying up several times for misplaced Reid passes or Diedhiou passes or Patterson passes or Brownhill passes, he is never going to look like a Messi but you need a Smith in your side.

Archived