IGNORED

Landsdown on Radio Bris

petehinton

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Nothing new or exciting being said so far.

Although he's just said we'd listen to offers of £5m for Flint........:noexp: 

update - pretty much just called him replaceable...if I was Aden & listened back to this I'd feel quite bemused!

Seems @Benni was right (no surprise to me) and in fact the club have as good as put Flint up for sale.

Bizarre. 

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Seems @Benni was right (no surprise to me) and in fact the club have as good as put Flint up for sale.

Bizarre. 

Why bizarre?

Either Flint has made it clear that he wants to move on, in which case we have moved to bring in a replacement and Flint is effectively for sale, or LJ has decided he wants to change the defence and sees Baker as a better fit than Flint - some fans might not agree with that, but that is a different issue - if so, and Flint is surplus to requirements then he is for sale.

It would have been bizarre if Flint wants away and we were letting him go without bringing in a replacement first, or if LJ had decided he wanted to change the central defensive partnership and had sold Flint without bringing in a replacement.

5 minutes ago, ReggyRed said:

50% off in the space of 24 hours. Not bad

I think the £10m comment was in response to a question as to whether he would take £10m for Flint. 

Didn't SL say he would be happy to take £10m ( who wouldn't) , but that's not the same as £10m being what we want or expect to get.

At the start of the summer if a club had come in wanting Flint I would have been pleased to see us get £4/5m tops. Then again at the start of last summer if a club had come in for Kodjia most of us would have been pleased to see the club get £6/7m, so it depends how badly a club wants the player.

I get the feeling the move that Flint was expecting/hoping for hasn't materialised ( perhaps that club wouldn't 't match the fee  what we want). As another poster says, we will not want Flint here after deadline day so either we get a club desperate for a good central defender where we can drive the price or we might have to compromise on price to get the sale through quickly.

Listening just a while ago before i leave for The Gate. Quite a decent lengthy interview, another good one from Geoff. Sounded like he might be a bit tougher on Johnson this season if there isn't a reasonable improvement. That's how i heard it. Right, let's have the team and i can go ...

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Nothing new or exciting being said so far.

Although he's just said we'd listen to offers of £5m for Flint........:noexp: 

update - pretty much just called him replaceable...if I was Aden & listened back to this I'd feel quite bemused!

Made me laugh when Lansdown described the offer as derisory, so when Twentyman asked how much he'd accept, SL responded that he wouldn't show his hand, then approximately 10 seconds later said he'd take £5 million. 

Just now, cynic said:

Made me laugh as well - 20man did well to get that out of him but he didn't have to work too hard to get it (don't tell him your name Pike).

I think everyone knew it would be starting at 5m though.

I thought he said we'll start talking at 5m...Not we'll take 5m

What Lansdown did was tell people he was available at the right price and he SL couldn't care less if the price is met or not. That is a shout to all parties. You want him pay and to AF I;m so rich I don't care if you play for the u23s for the rest of your career, I will not be pushed around by anyone including Karry Hedknapp or your agent....

Seemed a very strong message to all!

10 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Made me laugh when Lansdown described the offer as derisory, so when Twentyman asked how much he'd accept, SL responded that he wouldn't show his hand, then approximately 10 seconds later said he'd take £5 million. 

Same. Why why why why on gods green earth he said £5mn I've no idea. We need £8m + in today's market. 

23 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Yeah that was a bit silly.  He should have stuck to his guns.  Now we know we won't get more than £5m and I think we could have if the right clubs are interested.

26 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Was very naive

Answer should have been

'We have an idea what Flints value is Geoff but that's for other clubs to match'

and left it there

45 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Yeah that was a bit silly.  He should have stuck to his guns.  Now we know we won't get more than £5m and I think we could have if the right clubs are interested.

Why? If there are two or more interested bidders, the auction may START at £5M, which could be the strategy.

Just now, Leveller said:

Why? If there are two or more interested bidders, the auction may START at £5M, which could be the strategy.

You don't really tend to get player auctions, they all offer the same once the agent tells them what the club has accepted and then negotiate with the player.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Same. Why why why why on gods green earth he said £5mn I've no idea. We need £8m + in today's market. 

Maybe he knows it's gonna be the starting point for a couple of bidders, or £5m plus add-ons, or £5m plus Ripley:whistle: 

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

If I had to bet on it I think Flint will move to Birmingham, after we play them. We wouldn't be stupid enough to let him go there before....probably. 

My thoughts also , However I still feel that Leeds will step in ahead of  Brum  His old mucker Bill would welcome him!

9 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Don't count out Derby, they may still be lurking. There has been talk of Keogh going to Sheffield Wed if Derby can get somebody in.. 

No chance of going to Derby  as a Forest fan ,  in any case talking to a Derby fan yesterday and they are more loaded for center backs than we are !

Archived