IGNORED

80 minutes... on course for clean sheet.

EmersonsRed

Bring fan favourite Aden Flint... scrappy goal conceded. There's a shock. 

But for once I don't actually blame the bloke. I presume he was bought on to say goodbye by LJ (why else sub a CB off when comfortable). We are playing in the Championship. The second highest tier in the country. No room for nice gestures. Shouldn't have been bought on. 

Annoying. 

Good win nontheless...

8 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

But for once I don't actually blame the bloke. I presume he was bought on to say goodbye by LJ (why else sub a CB off when comfortable). We are playing in the Championship. The second highest tier in the country. No room for nice gestures. Shouldn't have been bought on. 

Annoying. 

Good win nontheless...

:facepalm:

24 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Annoying. 

Good win nontheless...

Agree. Needless substitution.

I had 3 - 1 and Bobby to score first. Didn't see the last 5 mins as it would take 45 mins to leave the car park if we stayed until the end. 

Happy with the money but disappointed we couldn't keep a clean sheet against a team we were all over. Screenshot_20170805-172208.thumb.png.165ccfc35c70919a578852fd0a9498f4.png

Don't really understand this. If he was from round here, or raised through our academy then fair enough. Perhaps even if he was in the mould of Louis Carey. But we bought him into our club and he's just another disposable player at the end of the day. Weird obsession some of our fans have with him, decent on his day but not a club legend by any stretch of the imagination.

9 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Don't really understand this. If he was from round here, or raised through our academy then fair enough. Perhaps even if he was in the mould of Louis Carey. But we bought him into our club and he's just another disposable player at the end of the day. Weird obsession some of our fans have with him, decent on his day but not a club legend by any stretch of the imagination.

Not sure about this. Recognise that he is no Carey but has been immense for 3 seasons. Having said that I agree it is the right time to cash in. Always get a good reception from me. Limited player but immense mental strength and will to win. Will never forget his rabona against Walsall

10 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

Not sure about this. Recognise that he is no Carey but has been immense for 3 seasons. Having said that I agree it is the right time to cash in. Always get a good reception from me. Limited player but immense mental strength and will to win. Will never forget his rabona against Walsall

Immense? Hmm...

A good servant to the club, that is without question. For me, not one of our club legends. Cash in, move on.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Annoying. 

Good win nontheless...

Hegeler was injured.

7 minutes ago, shelts said:

Sad if that's Flints last ten minutes in a red shirt . The goal in added time really ticked me off 

But wasn't unexpected. We'd taken our feet off the gas in the second half and were far too casual.

If we relax like that against the better teams - and nearly the entire division is better than Barnsley - we could go back to losing seemingly impregnable leads.

Just now, Red-Robbo said:

But wasn't unexpected. We'd taken our feet off the gas in the second half and were far too casual.

If we relax like that against the better teams - and nearly the entire division is better than Barnsley - we could go back to losing seemingly impregnable leads.

I agree . Typical City I thought , as I did on the last game of the season at home to Birmingham 

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hegeler pulled up 5 minutes earlier. Not needless sub at all.

Yep, but I thought it made more sense to bring Magnússon on, like for like for Hegeler and who would have played on the left hand side of the central defence.

I thought we were starting to look vulnerable aerially, though so can also understand why it was Flint who came on..

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Hadn't noticed that, don't think LJ mentioned it either when saying he brought Flint on to show him the door was still open for him here. 

If Hegeler was injured, then fair enough.

It was when he ran back and tackled to give away a corner. He started stretching and didn't look too comfortable after. Magnússon looks like it's over tbh

3 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Had my tin hat on for this thread, thankfully it would seem from other threads people agree generally and the few clueless fanboys are the only ones upset. Onwards and upwards, more clean sheets incoming without him. We'll be able to keep a basic shape for 90 minutes!

@Flint says No what's your new username gonna be mate? ;)

Not sure just yet whether to keep it as he is probably a Bristol City legend but if I do change it I'm thinking Deadly Diedhiou

16 hours ago, petehinton said:

Sad the way it has all ended. Club have hardly handled it that well either by publicly saying that he wants to go. Just handle it behind closed doors. 

I agree. Not really fair to publicly say he has had his head turned even if true...

16 hours ago, petehinton said:

Sad the way it has all ended. Club have hardly handled it that well either by publicly saying that he wants to go. Just handle it behind closed doors. 

What exactly have the club done wrong? Player and Agent tried to play the club into getting a better contract by saying wanted out. Club brought in alternatives. Now if Aden didn't really want to leave then he should be having a go at his agent as this whole situation wasn't engineered by the club was it?! 

26 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

What exactly have the club done wrong? Player and Agent tried to play the club into getting a better contract by saying wanted out. Club brought in alternatives. Now if Aden didn't really want to leave then he should be having a go at his agent as this whole situation wasn't engineered by the club was it?! 

Correct.

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

@BobBobSuperBob :( sorry you're upset mate.

Upset ?

Merely what I think of some of your posts and delivery 

You obviously have an issue with Flint and fail to appreciate what he can do and has done - I see his many strengths as well as his weaknesses

Just one simple example - before you posted  op / preach you had obviously failed to realise that Hegler was struggling  

elsewhere , telling posters to ***** off makes you look a bit ......  

:whistle:

Archived