IGNORED

Hörður Magnússon

SStandUp

It looked an accomplished enough display at left back but not he's not a starter for me at present. Mags may be a better defender but Bryan offers much more in attacking threat in support of our fluid forward play. I'd like to see him used more at LB though as at CB he's well behind Wright, Baker and now Hegeler. His passing was largely ok but got caught out a couple times either over playing or delaying a pass. When he moved to CB after Baker went off, I felt he was less assured. 

Interesting to see him play left back.  Did seem to add something different to the team when going forward.  Defensively ok and useful to have a full back who can come into the centre when an attack comes from the right.

Should use him for long throw ins more too.

He needs to play regularly to improve and hopefully will get a bit more game time this season.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I think he proved in the first half of last season that he is good enough for this level, but he's gonna need to work even harder to establish himself with the competition.

I thought he was ordinary tonight, but difficult for him to do much else.  He's not a marauding full-back like Bryan and I thought O'Dowda didn't grasp the opportunity either, so our left side just did enough tonight.  They weren't bad, but they didn't impose themselves.  Yeah, COD had a few runs, but I thought he was flat other than that.

Have to agree, Dave. Not awful, but did lose the ball in a dangerous position after tarrying on it too long.Of course, Plymouth reserves could do bugger all with it.  However, he's not dislodged Joe from LB on that showing. 

Archived