IGNORED

Eliasson Signs!

ChilternRed

1 hour ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

This is what my wife uses to tempt me to go to IKEA. I fall for it all the time. 

I don't see a flat pack in sight! 

6 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I'd be surprised if he came today as focus will be on the opening fixture. I reckon tomorrow or Monday.

LJ just said we have a.coupke if bids in but may have to draw a line under them on Monday and look elsewhere

Hadwin asked him about Eliasson but LJ said he would not comment on individual players

37 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

LJ just said we have a.coupke if bids in but may have to draw a line under them on Monday and look elsewhere

Hadwin asked him about Eliasson but LJ said he would not comment on individual players

I thought that was a very pointed comment, likely aimed at those we're looking to buy from.

Certainly had the feel of LJ drawing a line in the sand.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Norrkoping's next game is on Monday. Guess if he hasn't been confirmed by then we will see if he is in their match day squad...

In the context of LJ's comments the @BobBobSuperBob mentioned; if Eliasson is on out radar, I think that we're wanting to avoid a 'Meteb' situation, with the selling club continuing to play someone we are looking to buy.

If Eliasson plays Monday, I think we can assume this is not happening.

1 hour ago, samo II said:

I thought that was a very pointed comment, likely aimed at those we're looking to buy from.

Certainly had the feel of LJ drawing a line in the sand.

In the context of LJ's comments the @BobBobSuperBob mentioned; if Eliasson is on out radar, I think that we're wanting to avoid a 'Meteb' situation, with the selling club continuing to play someone we are looking to buy.

If Eliasson plays Monday, I think we can assume this is not happening.

It could also be a negotiating strategy to remind the selling clubs we could yet walk away. Don't necesssrily reckon it will be over on Monday but suspect they will be in for Birmingham but not before...

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just after that he said "we've actually got 3 bids in..." but when asked whether these were each for a different position, declined to comment further 

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There's 6 of them, one must be sat on someone's lap.

Still in shock after today's win and lost my ability to count! 

Did I read somewhere that the Swedish transfer window closes next Friday (11th)?

Presumably one of our Swedish contributors can confirm this & if that is both incoming and outgoing?

Would have an impact on whether this guy is coming to us and presumably Engvall's future, too?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Did I read somewhere that the Swedish transfer window closes next Friday (11th)?

Presumably one of our Swedish contributors can confirm this & if that is both incoming and outgoing?

Would have an impact on whether this guy is coming to us and presumably Engvall's future, too?

It's my belief that clubs can sell outside the window but not buy. So if Engvall is leaving it'll be by the 11th, Eliasson could leave after then. 

20 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Silly. season, swedish press thought  Eliasson was  on the plane to England. Norrköping fans forum very disapointed that Eliasson was sold. Really dont know but Ive got the feeling he will play in City.

Is he still stuck in the queue for passport control at the Swedish airport? :)

21 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

If it drags on much longer, LJ has already set a deadline for Monday, the Swede could find himself in a bit of a stew.

Think that was smoke and mirrors - he said in his evening post interview that he expects 2 in by Tuesday and one was far along. 

Archived