IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Just now, B block said:

The whole purpose of a winger is to feed the strikers, so taking off our big target man negates bringing on a winger it's pointless, although he's done it time and time again, utter madness 

It's the sort of thing coaches do to show how sophisticated they are.

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Oh dear. Tactical ineptness from Johnson yet again. Completely overrun in the middle of the park. Too young, lacking strength, easily pushed aside....a side in their managers image obviously. ******* shite. Brentford should be 5 or 6 up. It was obvious before half time so what do d he change during the break to sort it out? **** all. Johnson Out!

We got overran in midfield there last season so it's not like he didn't know it was coming

1 minute ago, palmerred said:

Not too worried yet, in the first half we got a fortunate lead, and they have absolutely dominated since and we were lucky to be leading at half time. They were robbed against Forest on Saturday and were by far the better team. They deserve to be winning and they are. For me we are too lightweight in midfield and this puts the defence under too much pressure. I was surprised we didn't revert to 4-5-1 at Half time and try and defend our lead, but Brentford are totally outclassing us. Solid defensive midfielder needed, and also if we're after a striker, we need someone with presence who can also drop back into midfield. For all Famara looks strong, he doesn't look a target man.

Famara isn't strong. nor does he have a footballing brain or good touch.  we have been mugged for £5m,  he looks a poor footballer 

Just now, Flint says No said:

Taylor is for me not sure about Đurić though

Look at the support on here. We want a higher quality team and you know what? We should. Matty T is a good player but not someone who will get us pushing the top 8-10 starting 40 matches. Need higher quality than both. For me Milan a good impact sub when down and Matty a squad player as well 

I'm sorry but people go we've thrown away a lead ? We've been overrun from the moment the game started and our goal was out only attack of the first half. We've been battered by a far better team, I'm not sure what else Johnson could have done except go defensive at half time, but if he did and we then let in two, he would have been slated by most for going defensive at half time.

To me, Midfield looks the problem area, which in fairness Johnson has outlined in multiple interviews lately.

Archived