IGNORED

The official Brentford FC v Bristol City FC match day thread

Septic Peg

Their 2m quid striker who if you asked me was worth 2m I would've told you to buy him. Said it in another thread, go back abroad for a striker. I like Bobby but he'd be better as an impact sub. As far as our injured strikers I'm not so sure they're up to this level

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I've just done a headcount to double check both teams have eleven players. You might think from our performance that  we have two less than them but this is not the case.

Good job Birmingham only had 10 for the last 15 mins on Saturday

Oh dear. Tactical ineptness from Johnson yet again. Completely overrun in the middle of the park. Too young, lacking strength, easily pushed aside....a side in their managers image obviously. ******* shite. Brentford should be 5 or 6 up. It was obvious before half time so what do d he change during the break to sort it out? **** all. Johnson Out!

Not too worried yet, in the first half we got a fortunate lead, and they have absolutely dominated since and we were lucky to be leading at half time. They were robbed against Forest on Saturday and were by far the better team. They deserve to be winning and they are. For me we are too lightweight in midfield and this puts the defence under too much pressure. I was surprised we didn't revert to 4-5-1 at Half time and try and defend our lead, but Brentford are totally outclassing us. Solid defensive midfielder needed, and also if we're after a striker, we need someone with presence who can also drop back into midfield. For all Famara looks strong, he doesn't look a target man.

I was happy to give LJ another try this season, he's already changing my mind. Seriously two away games where we've taken an early lead only to go behind towards the end due to s*** defending. Really, what has changed since last season? 

Another relegation battle is going to ensue if we can't hold a lead or defend!

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Deserved. Johnson has a lot of explaining to do. League 2 performance by us. Tactical ineptness by Johnson.

The whole purpose of a winger is to feed the strikers, so taking off our big target man negates bringing on a winger it's pointless, although he's done it time and time again, utter madness 

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Their 2m quid striker who if you asked me was worth 2m I would've told you to buy him. Said it in another thread, go back abroad for a striker. I like Bobby but he'd be better as an impact sub. As far as our injured strikers I'm not so sure they're up to this level

Taylor is for me not sure about Đurić though

Archived