IGNORED

Friday night fixture changes

Dr Balls

9 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Yes the Huddesfield game was changed and missed that one too as working...

In all fairness, dozens of people miss most games due to work commitments, so if you dip out on a couple, then they're the chances you take when purchasing a ST. 

I'd like to put my non-attendance down to a televised football match or two, but no, I miss them because I am working at that time.

As @Major Isewater alluded to, here's hoping BCFC, SKY & the Football League have the decency to confer with you next time. 

That said, they'll probably have to wait 2 weeks to speak to you, and then wait an extra 40 minutes as you're "running a little behind today" ... (we all have gripes mate!).

3 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

I'm guessing it's not lost on anyone, the irony of us being on here debating why someone who doesn't spend all day on here, doesn't know the game was changed till (s)he got a tardy email from the club, a situation that could and should be very easily rectified with a little technological synching. maybe some of the peeps on here perhaps don't always sense the extent of other football fans' lives - even season ticket holders.

Walking past me before the home game following Gerry Gow's death were two 50-odd-year-olds who, on seeing a picture of him, said, "Oh, yeah, Gerry Gow died didn't he?" Now, to most City fans - and indeed these two old enough to have seen and idolised GG, surely (they didn't look like Jonny-come-latelys to me) - the fact that Gerry Gow's death hadn't really registered in the intervening two weeks (one week?) would be anathema to how they live their/our lives. It occurred to me then just how small the proportion of some people's lives is taken up by City. By its nature, nearly all of us on here are not in that group. But you can't even categorise otibbers - Dr Balls might not come on here very often, either, despite being signed up. 

You would, indeed, think a season ticket holder would be 'even more keen' than most, more keen than non-season ticket holders. But that just can't be 100% true. There must be City nuts who can't afford a season ticket and yet devour everything red&white that they can, up to the point of standing outside the Gate smelling the burgers on home games they aren't attending; conversely there must be season ticket holders, perhaps such as Dr Balls, who, despite being in possession of said season ticket, might not go to every game, might not talk about City every week (not even every day), might not ever go on twit/facebook/the site etc.

As for it being comparable to having a wee on the lid before someone says 'lift it up, will you', I'm not sure where to go with that. Except that, ok, maybe Dr Balls is unusual and could have looked into any fixture changes, but without knowing his/her life, I think it's pretty judgmental to call him/her out for it. For all we know, there may be reasons unknown to us - personal, work, health, social, financial - why Dr B hasn't got round to finding out. Who knows, maybe it's not no.1 priority, maybe something else is and s/he's been taken aback by this. I'm sure lessons will have been learnt all round. Who knows, maybe we'll all understand better the vast array of types of fans we have and give each other a break. After all, we're not bottom of the table.

Yet.

You Reds!

Maybe, but it isn't the clubs fault and didn't warrant a rant about how poor they were

Archived