IGNORED

When Will The Squad Be Complete?

And Its Smith

It's interesting what Tan said today (possibly the only time I've thought this) 

"We spent a lot of money,

"What did we get? We paid [a lot] for Cornelius who didn't even play 45 minutes and then the manager said he was a project.

"I'm in the Premier League, I need to survive. What an idiot he [Mackay] is.

You could argue the same against LJ, do we have time for projects like Taylor Moore, Lucic and even perhaps O'Dowda? I can see the first two being moved on before they even get a chance at a first team shirt. I know the pressure is to develop players like Kodja and sell on high, but LJ has brought in so many players who arguably no other fans would realistically want in their promotion chasing team - I can't helping thinking the strategy is all wrong. When you look at teams that get out of the Championship they aren't full of future prospects (and most get shipped on anyway).

7 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It's interesting what Tan said today (possibly the only time I've thought this) 

"We spent a lot of money,

"What did we get? We paid [a lot] for Cornelius who didn't even play 45 minutes and then the manager said he was a project.

"I'm in the Premier League, I need to survive. What an idiot he [Mackay] is.

You could argue the same against LJ, do we have time for projects like Taylor Moore, Lucic and even perhaps O'Dowda? I can see the first two being moved on before they even get a chance at a first team shirt. I know the pressure is to develop players like Kodja and sell on high, but LJ has brought in so many players who arguably no other fans would realistically want in their promotion chasing team - I can't helping thinking the strategy is all wrong. When you look at teams that get out of the Championship they aren't full of future prospects (and most get shipped on anyway).

The big difference is SL has full trust in LJ to deliver whatever it is he wants (whatever that is).

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The big difference is SL has full trust in LJ to deliver whatever it is he wants (whatever that is).

So did Tan with Malky M at the time - I wonder if we'll look back and see this period of massive transfer activity as wasted time and money.  As someone else says when LJ sells his first signing, who never really played, will be interesting - could this be Scott G (or was he before LJ?)

2 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

So did Tan with Malky M at the time - I wonder if we'll look back and see this period of massive transfer activity as wasted time and money.  As someone else says when LJ sells his first signing, who never really played, will be interesting - could this be Scott G (or was he before LJ?)

Our transfer activity strikes me more as someone who's moved into their first home and blown a wad in IKEA on 'stuff' rather than a member of the landed gentry purchasing the hand crafted card table that is the finishing touch for the corner of the Billiards room.

That probably only makes sense in my brain tbh.

38 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Golbourne arrived whilst we were between managers.

Archived