IGNORED

LJ today's speaker at Senior Reds

Robbored

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

If you really believe the serial horse shit you have been fed about "lovely lad" Tomlin and the Engvall utter fairy tales, I suggest you avoid anyone trying to sell you anything or any sharp objects..

Then pray tell us the truth O Great One.

It may be lies, I don't know, but it's believable and it's the only explanation we have from anywhere.

All I've heard elsewhere are rumours and aspersions that things are somehow horribly wrong at Bristol City but none of the people casting these aspersions will ever elaborate as to what they are on about.

I know that there are people that will always dislike LJ, yourself included, but if you have good reason please let us know it, otherwise keep quiet.

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Don't agree, Warnock is clearly happy to tolerate the travelling and potential affects it had on Tomlin. As mentioned before Tomlin and O'Neil both knew when they signed that they were expected to move to the area, O'Neil did, Tomlin didn't 

Unless im mistaken O'neil lives in Kent.

18 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Then pray tell us the truth O Great One.

It may be lies, I don't know, but it's believable and it's the only explanation we have from anywhere.

All I've heard elsewhere are rumours and aspersions that things are somehow horribly wrong at Bristol City but one of the people casting these aspersions will ever elaborate as to what hey are on about.

I know that there are people that will always dislike LJ, yourself included, but if you have good reason please let us know it, otherwise keep quiet.

I think much of it has already been covered on this thread.

Tomlin was disruptive, unpopular and as the social media silence showed, absolutely no tears were shed by his team mates when he left. None of that is in any way LJ's fault, indeed I completely understand why he signed him after his loan spell and then found him difficult to manage (as so did Eddie Howe).

But to then be saying he is "a lovely lad" is really stretching credibility. Also look at LJ's comments post Brentford this week about "now having a side where everyone works hard for the full game", who do you think that is a dig at?

Mark Little? Wilbs? Hardly..

The Engvall stuff is plain silly now, he was told to come back for Tenerife, which he did, he then scored 2 in his only friendly, got 9 minutes on the opening day and was then dispatched out on loan again, despite us being without 2 injured senior strikers and with Wilbraham also having just gone.

This week he has been replaced on loan by someone who is the same age as him and in midweek our only reserve attacking option in his absence was an 18 year old with no league experience.

If LJ wants to persist with this charade that he still rates him after all of that, then fair enough, but surely only the very, very guilable would ever believe it?

Just come out and say that it is one of those things, it hasn't worked out, as surely we all now expect him to make a permanent move back to Sweden without any more 9 minute cameo appearances..

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Tomlin was disruptive, unpopular and as the social media silence showed, absolutely no tears were shed by his team mates when he left. None of that is in any way LJ's fault, indeed I completely understand why he signed him after his loan spell and then found him difficult to manage (as so did Eddie Howe).

But to then be saying he is "a lovely lad" is really stretching credibility. Also look at LJ's comments post Brentford this week about "now having a side where everyone works hard for the full game", who do you think that is a dig at?

The Engvall stuff is plain silly now, he was told to come back for Tenerife, which he did, he then scored 2 in his only friendly, got 9 minutes on the opening day and was then dispatched out on loan again, despite us being without 2 injured senior strikers and with Wilbraham also having just gone.

This week he has been replaced on loan by someone who is the same age as him and in midweek our only reserve attacking option in his absence was an 18 year old with no league experience.

If LJ wants to persist with this charade that he still rates him after all of that, then fair enough, but surely only the very, very guilable would ever believe it?

Just come out and say that it is one of those things, it hasn't worked out, as surely we all expect to make a permanent move back to Sweden without any more 9 minute appearances..

Unless of course LJ feels he does actually have potential....

5 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Unless of course LJ feels he does actually have potential....

So what in the factual series of events that I have outlined above gives you that impression?

We sent him out on loan when we were without any experienced cover and were playing a converted midfielder in his place.

We have now brought someone in loan who is the same age.

We gave him 9 minutes as a sub and then nothing.

Our Swedish friends are saying Engvall is telling a different story to their media, of clearly not being rated here (as the above would all suggest) and even when he scored 2 v Cheltenham LJ's comments afterwards didn't imply in any way he actually rated him..

If LJ felt he had potential why would he then select young Hinds instead?

Just now, GrahamC said:

So what in the factual series of events that I have outlined above gives you that impression?

We sent him out on loan when we were without any experienced cover and were playing a converted midfielder in his place.

Our Swedish friends are saying Engvall is telling a different story to their media, of clearly not being rated here (as the above would all suggest) and even when he scored 2 v Cheltenham LJ's comments afterwards didn't imply in any way he actually rated him..

We haven't sold him.

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Because he feels that Hinds is currently a better player?

If we really didn't rate Engvall we would just bin him off to the Swedish league permanently, he would obviously have takers there, loaning him out shows that although we may think he's not up to it currently that we think he may get there, or it may be that he was getting stick from other players for being shite which was de-motivating him and we have decided to remove him from the picture and get his confidence up, or we are waiting for the players that were doing that to move on?

31 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I get the impression from what has been said, that Engval himself has found it hard to settle over here. Not just in football terms, but personally as well.

As LJ alluded too...he's from a small Island off the coast of Sweden, and seen as a big fish in a small pond over there.

Maybe coming over here, was a massive wake up call to the lad, to find out he's not as good as he thinks he is. Big fish, small pool mentality?

Who knows...but it wouldn't be the first time it happened to a footballer.

George Best shit himself and went home to Belfast the first time he came to Manchester...then look what happened.

56 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just come out and say that it is one of those things, it hasn't worked out, as surely we all now expect him to make a permanent move back to Sweden without any more 9 minute cameo appearances..

LJ could have genuinely thought Lee Tomlin is a 'lovely lad' and got on well with him personally, even if he was a disruptive element within the dressing room. Otherwise why describe him as such?

It is obvious that LJ feels Engvall has potential otherwise he would have been offloaded by now. He just feels that at present he isn't ready so it's best for him to continue his development elsewhere.

It was hardly horsehit to fool the gullible as you implied. There would be no need for that.

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

I get the impression from what has been said, that Engval himself has found it hard to settle over here. Not just in football terms, but personally as well.

As LJ alluded too...he's from a small Island off the coast of Sweden, and seen as a big fish in a small pond over there.

Maybe coming over here, was a massive wake up call to the lad, to find out he's not as good as he thinks he is. Big fish, small pool mentality?

Who knows...but it wouldn't be the first time it happened to a footballer.

George Best shit himself and went home to Belfast the first time he came to Manchester...then look what happened.

So you're comparing Gus to George Best ? 

Archived